Albums that were seriously disappointing...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Re: Albums that were seriously disappointing...

Post by altars of radness »

right over there wrote:terraform was more disappointing. latest one was about what i expected. :roll:
Terraform did suck; maybe two good songs on the second side? 1000 Hurts, too. People cut that record a lot of slack for that dumb fucking "Prayer to God" song, but for the most part it's totally forgettable.

A lot of No Means No records have let me down.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

kickpuncher wrote:
altars of radness wrote:Dumb lyrics
how this even goes into consideration when judging an album is beyond me
when the vocals are very loud and stupid and prominent in the mix
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

terraform's not terrible it's just boring except for Copper. 1000 Hurts and the last one both have a handful of great songs and a lot of crappy ones.

these are two of their best "not on at action park" songs.

IN MY OPINION
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The last three Today is the Day albums. Especially that last one.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Frickin' Slayer
How's them beans, ma?

Post by Frickin' Slayer »

Wang Mandu wrote:The last three Today is the Day albums. Especially that last one.
n the eyes of god wuz killer! hav u ever seen them live? r they gud live?
http://myspace.com/scarydeathmetal
riley-o wrote:i'm also a scorpio, not an aries.
Sineadrepresent
Face of Collapse

Post by Sineadrepresent »

altars of radness wrote:
I didn't realize you lost your cherry to "Unsung" (well, maybe thirty seconds of it); although I probably should have.
You're also better than this. Usually not on this board mind you, but this is something you'd say to someone before you stuffed them in to a locker or something. :|
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Wang Mandu wrote:The last three Today is the Day albums. Especially that last one.
disappointing generally means you were hoping for/expecting something better. i could see being disappointed by sadness will prevail because you expected more, and then being disappointed by kiss the pig because you hoped they would right the ship, but you really can't blame anyone but yourself if you hadn't learned your lesson by axis of eden. and even after all that, yeah i gave pain is a warning a shot but there's no way on earth i'm going to put myself in a position to be disappointed by TitD again...
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Sineadrepresent wrote:
altars of radness wrote:
I didn't realize you lost your cherry to "Unsung" (well, maybe thirty seconds of it); although I probably should have.
You're also better than this. Usually not on this board mind you, but this is something you'd say to someone before you stuffed them in to a locker or something. :|
Maybe, but it's pretty much what that kind of "demos were better" complaint deserves.

I also thought Marquee Moon was Television's best record. Bad Brains' s/t, too. How lame, right?
gustavprom
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by gustavprom »

In my honest opinion Helmet's best material was almost never on the albums...
like this;
dr peterhausen
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by dr peterhausen »

Zerohero wrote:Time to do olde tymey stuff like saving little pieces of string and hang drying used paper towels.
From a Chinese in Asia who love USA: Chuck is cool! Most of your Negroes are very bad for USA! Give them reparations & expel them! save your nation!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

riley-o wrote:disappointing generally means you were hoping for/expecting something better. i could see being disappointed by sadness will prevail because you expected more, and then being disappointed by kiss the pig because you hoped they would right the ship, but you really can't blame anyone but yourself if you hadn't learned your lesson by axis of eden. and even after all that, yeah i gave pain is a warning a shot but there's no way on earth i'm going to put myself in a position to be disappointed by TitD again...
I'll never give up hope. Regarding the last one, I foolishly bought into the rock riffs coming back and some of the pre-release hype.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that last Shellac album...for a good reason...

Also as far as non album tracks how are we forgetting this:

Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
altars of radness
Olde Timer

hipster holocaust wrote:Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that last Shellac album...for a good reason...

Also as far as non album tracks how are we forgetting this:

It's a good song, but they were still awesome back then.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

since ross bumped that thread

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Iron Maiden-Somewhere in Time

actually returned the LP to the store :what: got Peace Sells instead.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

copstache wrote:since ross bumped that thread
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I'll never bump again

HH is one of my favorite albums :oops:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

bump
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Aesop Rock - Bazooka Tooth
Cage - Hells Winter
Blind Guardian - Twist in the Myth
Dr Dre - Compton..... i don't even consider this to be a real album
Danzig Elvis album......... fuck that could've been good if it had come out in a different time or timeline :(

I guess Chinese Democracy???

Was expecting zilch from the Burzum comback album but it was still a complete snoozer
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

I probably typed all those 10 years ago but im not going back to look
Eight Bit Alien

Literally all of my friends piled into cars to drive to the mall and buy St Anger. That was a really weird psychological lesson because nobody wanted to be the first to admit to themselves that it was fucking worthless :lol:
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

7.H target's 2023 album
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'll never understand why this album is considered so influential. AtG were one of the few Swedish bands that didn't sound like everyone else (ok, the violin was silly, but otherwise I really liked them), then they broke up, and when they came back, I was super excited only to find out that... they sounded like everyone else now. I basically just went WTF and didn't buy it.

Well, and then it turned into a phenomenon, and I kept thinking, have you guys heard of Dismember?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

do you mean that AtG broke up before SotS and then reformed? I've never heard that. I guess that would explain the change in style, I always thought it was because Alf (violin dude?) left and took all of his wonky sounding riffs and arrangements with him.

I didn't hear SotS until '99 so I was aware of its reputation and wasn't surprised by the shift in sound, but occasionally a track will pop up on Spotify or whatever and I don't mind it for what it is: tight and concise melodeath without any experimentation or even any instrumental diversions. basically Tomas screaming at you nonstop for 2-3 minutes over lots of string skippy riffs and an occasional vaguely spooky guitar lead (Andy Larocque's solo in Cold is really fucking good).

I agree its massive influence is weird and somewhat inexplicable. even in that style there are much better/more interesting records. SotS is single-minded in its approach, though maybe that's why it stuck a chord with a big audience.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:13 pm I agree its massive influence is weird and somewhat inexplicable. even in that style there are much better/more interesting records. SotS is single-minded in its approach, though maybe that's why it stuck a chord with a big audience.
i.e. it's the dumbed-down pop version of the albums it stole its riffs from.

Anyway, I don't remember the details and Metal-Archives says SotS came out only a year after the previous album, but I distinctly remember the band saying they'd called it quits and then reforming - I guess that just didn't last very long and I remember it being a longer time than it really was because I was 18 when SotS came out.

The violininst was out after the first album, though, so him leaving wouldn't have had anything to do with it, although the EP and the second album were already drastically different.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
kmfcm
I hate my life.

Post by kmfcm »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:47 am Image

I'll never understand why this album is considered so influential. AtG were one of the few Swedish bands that didn't sound like everyone else (ok, the violin was silly, but otherwise I really liked them), then they broke up, and when they came back, I was super excited only to find out that... they sounded like everyone else now. I basically just went WTF and didn't buy it.

Well, and then it turned into a phenomenon, and I kept thinking, have you guys heard of Dismember?
should have broken up with Alf left.

SotS isn't actually that bad in a vacuum, but compared to the earlier stuff + after two decades of munchkin copycats, it's ruined.
"the fuck is this?, the fuck is that?"