Scion Rock Fest 2012 - Tampa

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Re: Scion Rock Fest 2012 - Tampa

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Necrometer wrote:the most stomach-churning element of these debates is how the payola apologists drop "FREE" as if it's some buck stops here element that renders all opposing arguments invalid

do you shitheads get excited by the junk mail that appears in your mailbox? FREE COUPONS HOLY FUCK
Your main complaint here is that some shitheads might show up. I suppose that's true, but the vast majority of people don't care. I guess only shitheads would show up at a free show where there might be shitheads.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Necrometer wrote:I'm happy that I am not allowed to have an opinion when my ability to PAY TO SEE A BAND I LIKE is revoked and the show is guaranteed to be flooded with dirtbags who are just there for a good time with any ol' music and hey - free car socks
anticorp attitude meets bourgeois entitlement
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

TF@work wrote:
Necrometer wrote:I'm happy that I am not allowed to have an opinion when my ability to PAY TO SEE A BAND I LIKE is revoked and the show is guaranteed to be flooded with dirtbags who are just there for a good time with any ol' music and hey - free car socks
anticorp attitude meets bourgeois entitlement

:lol:
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
iEd
Cause Of Death

Post by iEd »

Necrometer wrote: I'm happy that I am not allowed to have an opinion when my ability to PAY TO SEE A BAND I LIKE is revoked and the show is guaranteed to be flooded with dirtbags who are just there for a good time with any ol' music and hey - free car socks
Ehhhh that yob pallbearer show a few weeks back: I didn't see very many people just there to have a good time. For the most part everyone was there as a fan of one of the bands. The most interesting thing I noticed was three children that showed up. Obvious low income white Pomona residents, looked like a sister and two brothers, mayhaps adopted? But the girl looked like she had been listening to a good dosage of Marilyn Manson and nin, she was very Daria like. I think she was like ten! Brothers Bout the smae age looked like little planters meatheads. But I think I overheard them just hanging out in dtown Pomona and went into the show because there was a huge crowd of metal heads outside. They did not like atlas moth. But if it werent for scion setting up that show they definitely wouldn't have gotten to see yob because it was a free show.

Also, the one time I've been to a show and been annoyed by a bunch of people there just for a good time was at a slough feg show in San Francisco. Eh.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

yeah but this isn't that
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Mari_Mar wrote:The fact that it's a free show means that the attendees aren't handing their cash to a multi-national corporation. That's coupled with the fact that they're under no obligation to purchase anything from said corp. As a band getting paid to play, the deal is no different than Ryan/Evan paying us to play MDF. The only difference is that the promoters get paid from Scion rather than making money off ticket prices at the door...
The only difference, huh? So Evan&Ryan have an agenda to convince kids of the underground that a particular car is cool? They're pretty fucking bad at it...
Last edited by Necrometer on Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

people always think that they aren't the ones who deserve to have new types of nerve gas tested on them, even though in the long run, they are exactly the right people for the job...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

the idea that one can't criticize corporations engendering goodwill for their ethically bankrupt businesses because hey you live in a house man strikes me as fairly disingenuous.

yes we all support corporations whether we want to or not. does that mean that since we literally cannot avoid supporting some corporations financially, we can't criticize the business practices of others ? how does that make sense ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

Necrometer wrote:The only difference, huh? So Evan&Ryan have an agenda to convince kids of the underground that a particular car is cool? They're pretty fucking bad at it...
No. But their show isn't free either...
Pisscubes wrote:"Females, as a whole, are horrible, souless creatures bent on the destruction of males".
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

sounds like somebody wants to have his cake and eat it too

this shit is like if megacorps outlawed the purchase of movies for home viewing, and your only choice was to watch it on network TV... HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COMMERCIALS, THEY'RE GIVING THIS MOVIE TO YOU FOR FREE

unfathomable that people are actually excited to see favorite band X in this sham of a setting, actually excited about the fact that it's FREE
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

There's no commercials that interrupt these shows Ross! Ugh! Just stop...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Necrometer wrote:
this shit is like if megacorps outlawed the purchase of movies for home viewing, and your only choice was to watch it on network TV... HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT THE COMMERCIALS, THEY'RE GIVING THIS MOVIE TO YOU FOR FREE
i would respectfully say that this is the worst analogy i've ever seen.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

this album "art" is brought to you with limited commercial interruption by TOYOTA
Mari_Mar
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Mari_Mar »

:fp: :fp: :fp:
krudmonk
Bonestorm 13

Post by krudmonk »

I first read this thread when it was 1 page. I am hesitant to see how it arrived at this point.
UGH! HEEEYYYYY!!!!!!!
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

ross being a brown note reality check

and a little deliberate tone deafness for taste

basically
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Re: corporate whore Rock Fest 2012 - Tampa

Post by Cascade Whore »

fallbacktostone wrote:ross being a brown note reality check

and a little deliberate tone deafness for taste

basically

A SILVER MT S C I O N
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Wank night's cancelled
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

riley-o wrote:the idea that one can't criticize corporations engendering goodwill for their ethically bankrupt businesses because hey you live in a house man strikes me as fairly disingenuous.

yes we all support corporations whether we want to or not. does that mean that since we literally cannot avoid supporting some corporations financially, we can't criticize the business practices of others ? how does that make sense ?
No shit. Also, isn't the main argument here about the mingling of corporations and supposedly independent artists and not the existence of corporations in and of themselves? What's wrong with people -- especially other independent musicians -- being bothered by that?
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
GoreyGibbler
Olde Timer

Post by GoreyGibbler »

Ross, go eat a 'to and shut the fuck up. ENOUGH.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Hey Ross, what about you go to the show and do not buy a fucking Scion? You will ... like ... totally screw those corporate fucks.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

Sci-on gave me a shirt and socks. I don't see another show doing that.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

From Blintzes to Crepes wrote:Sci-on gave me a shirt and socks. I don't see another show doing that.
I take it you've never seen the Wiggles.

Fucking poser.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

valgalder wrote: ... absolutely no obligations to promote their products ... They're not going out of their way and being pushy into buying anything.
pooptastik wrote:When Immolation played here, they had their laser light show shooting at the crowd with the SCION logo. I think it happened while Jungle Rot played too.
hahah seriously some of you are like "nah, its cool." I fucking live for metal and punk. Scion can suck the shit out of my ass.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot