skid row journal reeelapse death pool champ

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Re: skid row journal reeelapse death pool champ

Post by Cascade Whore »

I wish Neil would do more one man stuff with his Maniac Killer one man goregrind project. that was some good shit.
Wank night's cancelled
Scumfucker
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Scumfucker »

Cascade Whore wrote:I wish Neil would do more one man stuff with his Maniac Killer one man goregrind project. that was some good shit.
Agreed, I am a fan of his music. I've even seen him play with Lord Gore. FrightMare was great. Wish I still had those albums.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Scumfucker wrote:
Cascade Whore wrote:I wish Neil would do more one man stuff with his Maniac Killer one man goregrind project. that was some good shit.
Agreed, I am a fan of his music. I've even seen him play with Lord Gore. FrightMare was great. Wish I still had those albums.

I have the split with Psychosadistic Haterapist..that split is an underrated classic...

have you heard Genital Meat Grinder? It's basically the same type of stuff from "maniac killer" but some else is doing vox...it's almost as good but doesn't have the same charm

EDIT: here's a grooveshark link for the other Manic Killer release if you haven't heard it
http://grooveshark.com/#!/album/Amusing ... ed/6925316
Last edited by Cascade Whore on Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wank night's cancelled
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

:tup:
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

TheDOAD wrote:they should just let oyu guys have the LA river like in the old days. KEpps things cheap and simple. It will be cool like escape from NEw York
There was a big camp up under the 405/710 bridge over the LA river. Today it was all pushed down into the river bed.

:(

The park dwelling homeless people say the river camps are gnarly.
Image Certified Poster
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Scumfucker wrote:I wonder how people recover. Stormy and Goatus, they both seemed to get past the death phase. Post addiction too. But my question for them is: are you fellas sober now 100% or can you drink a few beers smoke a few joints with no problems? Was it all or nothing or can you learn to just get your shit together and stop fucking up?
I know people say an addict should go completely sober if they want to give themselves the best chance to get clean. I drink every now and then. once a month, if that. smoke weed on rare occasion. I never had a problem with either alcohol or weed though so I don't know, that might mean something.
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

Friendly Goatus wrote:
Scumfucker wrote:I wonder how people recover. Stormy and Goatus, they both seemed to get past the death phase. Post addiction too. But my question for them is: are you fellas sober now 100% or can you drink a few beers smoke a few joints with no problems? Was it all or nothing or can you learn to just get your shit together and stop fucking up?
I know people say an addict should go completely sober if they want to give themselves the best chance to get clean. I drink every now and then. once a month, if that. smoke weed on rare occasion. I never had a problem with either alcohol or weed though so I don't know, that might mean something.

In other words you stopped letting yourself go and forced yourself to get your shit together. Cool beans. I am lucky Los Angeles has several alternatives to 12 step recovery. Remember how creepy those 12 steppers can be?
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

the awesome Assassin wrote:Stop being a whiny kitty kitty meow meow... Boo hoo... Shut the fuck up.
stop it and give the guy some support
pAppY
CYBORG TAX COLLECTOR

Post by pAppY »

I think it's possible to quit habitually abusing drugs and still enjoy them occasionally.

I personally went through most of my substance issues years ago, mid to late 90's. I can't say I was on skid row, but the situation was bleak and some of your stories bring back familiar memories.

My fix back then was Meth, although I've always been a regular pot user and moderate drinker. I guess I found that it was the people I chose to surround myself with and the situations I chose to enter that mostly helped me kick the urge to use. Since then I've dabbled in drugs here and there and haven't really ever fallen back into the urge to become habitual with them. I find that psychedelics can be nice a few times a year to kind of "reboot" a bit and even tried DMT for the first time last summer and enoyed it. I haven't done coke or anything like that in a few years, but then again I was always able to take or leave that drug.

If I see any sign of meth or heroin use in new situations I make it a point to avoid it and I always know there are certain people I can't see or communicate with if I don't want to be around that scene. But you said in your post that you clean up well when you try - and that is the key to ending this behavior in my opinion. Simply wanting to and trying, but that's the kicker with addiction. Most of the time even though you know it's bad and you should quit, you don't actually want to.

Of course with the psych issues, there's a whole other ball of yarn to mess with. I can definitely relate to meth use causing dillusions and shit though, there is no doubt in my mind that some of the damage I did to myself with that drug was permanent (short temper, Irritability, bits of paranoia), I'm just glad I got away from it when I did before it did serious damage and made it so I couldn't actually function in society. It took a while to get my head straight after I quit using but I've since gone on to be quite productive with professional career, hobbies and interests, etc.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Scumfucker wrote:
Friendly Goatus wrote:

In other words you stopped letting yourself go and forced yourself to get your shit together. Cool beans. I am lucky Los Angeles has several alternatives to 12 step recovery. Remember how creepy those 12 steppers can be?
Yeah, I hated those meetings. Sometimes made things worse. The non-AA/NA secular meetings were much better, but still not for me. It works for a lot of people and that's great but it didn't work for me. I found better support in friends and keeping myself occupied with projects.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

yeah i couldn't get down with the meetings. they make me want to drink. like goattits says, hobbies/projects to immerse yourself in something seems to be the best way to do it.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Raw Ting wrote:yeah i couldn't get down with the meetings.
Hahaha...
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

So you pretty much want to stay away from drugs to make sure that your life isn't as shitty as Awesome Assass's

That should be enough encouragement!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Thrashmaster Flash
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Thrashmaster Flash »

canon.docre wrote:
Thrashmaster Flash wrote: but at some point you have to just stop being an asshole and stop being depressed
:fp: you lack a basic understanding of severe depression, or mental illness in general.
You lack basic reading comprehension skills.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

The lack of responses more like this to the content in this thread.

"It is the maze that dreams. And I am lost."
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

hey scumdude can I get a fun skid row tour next time I'm in dtla?
turn these off meatman.
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

monsterod wrote:hey scumdude can I get a fun skid row tour next time I'm in dtla?

Sure, we can have a beer at the king eddy, a bar bukowski frequented.
monsterod
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by monsterod »

http://kingeddysaloon.com/#3

:tup: this place looks fuckin rad. can't believe I've never been.
turn these off meatman.
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

Another friend dead. My buddy mike lived in skid row but literally across the street from the police station. He was a really nice fella. A drunk, but he never harmed anyone. Word is he died from falling off a three story building. Accident? Suicide? Murder? It's a mystery.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Scumfucker wrote: Accident? Suicide? Murder?
It doesn't matter... It happened. :beer:
Scumfucker

Post by Scumfucker »

That's true
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

The husbear has been reading the news, so I've been hearing a lot about all the wild things Justin Bieber has been doing lately. Drug parties, fights, etc. I bet you'll outlive Justin Bieber, scumfucker. I'll throw down $5 on it.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Gay for Cock wrote:The husbear has been reading the news, so I've been hearing a lot about all the wild things Justin Bieber has been doing lately.
Tell him TMZ isn't the news...
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

that's the thing, meatgrease. that shits all over daytime news. sandwiched between stories about north korea declaring war on south korea and videos of old men running a 50 yard dash.
Gay for Cock
Olde Timer

Post by Gay for Cock »

Ha. He reads yahoo news and I tell him all the time that it's not news and I don't want to hear about that shit.

Him "Oh, guess who's selling their multi-million dollar mansion this week."
Me " :x ..... :cry: "