European Mens, what's the migrant crisis look like from where you are?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Re: European Mens, what's the migrant crisis look like from where you are?

Post by THE KILL »

Always fun to find out that people in a neighbouring country you thought were basically more relaxed and richer Germans do some things totally differently.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Which brings me to another question, do you own a fondue kettle, Mike?
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Not if I can get my hands on it
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:11 pm Always fun to find out that people in a neighbouring country you thought were basically more relaxed and richer Germans do some things totally differently.
I really don't know where this idea comes from that the Swiss are somehow more laid back or friendlier than Germans. We're not, and any German who moved here for the salary and the standard of living will tell you this in great and excruciating detail if they're sure there are no Swiss people listening.

Anyway, no, I don't own a caquelon at the moment. I bought one a few years ago with my then-girlfriend, but we broke up and it's at her house now. I also just don't really have dinner guests all that often, and Fondue isn't something you eat on your own. I do like it and eat it regularly, though, as well as Raclette and probably just about any other stereotypically Swiss food you can think of plus a few other very Swiss things we don't tell the tourists about, like Capuns. Love me some Capuns.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

You need a shotgun to load with saltpeter in order to physically damage a ghost. Don’t you Euros know anything?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Rick Steves spilled the beans on capuns...
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

spacehamster wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 2:34 pm
THE KILL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:11 pm Always fun to find out that people in a neighbouring country you thought were basically more relaxed and richer Germans do some things totally differently.
I really don't know where this idea comes from that the Swiss are somehow more laid back or friendlier than Germans. We're not, and any German who moved here for the salary and the standard of living will tell you this in great and excruciating detail if they're sure there are no Swiss people listening.

Anyway, no, I don't own a caquelon at the moment. I bought one a few years ago with my then-girlfriend, but we broke up and it's at her house now. I also just don't really have dinner guests all that often, and Fondue isn't something you eat on your own. I do like it and eat it regularly, though, as well as Raclette and probably just about any other stereotypically Swiss food you can think of plus a few other very Swiss things we don't tell the tourists about, like Capuns. Love me some Capuns.
I don't know man, it's an hour from where I live (not that far from Kempten) to Switzerland, so the wife and I sometimes visit, and we've only met friendly and open people there. Once went to Switzerland with a uni seminar, met a friendly young couple on the street, asked if they knew how I could get my hands on some weed, we ended up hanging out and smoking and they gave me a huge weed bud as a farewell present.
As for the rest, I have never heard of capuns before. Fascinating...
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 12:37 pm Not if I can get my hands on it
you piece of shit, I'll take your pokemons
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I had to Google "capun". It looks like some stylish version of Weinblaetter (Vine Leaves?) or Sarma. Pretty cool.

P.S. I must accept I've enjoyed how the last pages here are full of camaraderie and friendly exchange of cool cultural information. Thanks to all participants and keep it up.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

All I know is that it's good that Sweden got those grenade attacks under control so that it can go back to merely being the gang-shooting and gang-rape capitol of Northern Europe.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lisakim/20 ... f7aac4a281

This is what too many dimed HM-2's do to your country
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 11:35 pm I don't know man, it's an hour from where I live (not that far from Kempten) to Switzerland, so the wife and I sometimes visit, and we've only met friendly and open people there. Once went to Switzerland with a uni seminar, met a friendly young couple on the street, asked if they knew how I could get my hands on some weed, we ended up hanging out and smoking and they gave me a huge weed bud as a farewell present.
As for the rest, I have never heard of capuns before. Fascinating...
Well, the pot smokers tend to be more laid back. Go figure. :lol:
Krieg wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 2:02 am I had to Google "capun". It looks like some stylish version of Weinblaetter (Vine Leaves?) or Sarma. Pretty cool.
That's funny, I'd never seen Sarma, but they do look similar. Seems to be a totally different thing, though - Capuns is a dough very similar to Spätzle (although at least when I make them, the trick is to put twice as much peppermint in there as the recipe says) wrapped in, uh, mangold leaves. Google translate says that's "chard" in English, but I'm guessing neither one of us would have recognized that word. They end up being bitter, sweet and minty at the same time, plus you put pickled meat in them, so also salty. Which means you have to really balance all that out right, but it's easier to make than it sounds.

Ok, we're now about half an inch away from exchanging cooking tips, somebody call me a faggot or something.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

*European
Eight Bit Alien

That article looks deceptively edited to me :?
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:07 am That article looks deceptively edited to me :?
I mean it's Al Jezeera, obviously Qatari state funded journalism is the human pinnacle of transparent objective media and not a state organ.

Everything about the current Swedish situation feels like it's a strategy of tension being played out.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

But, uh, here's more of the same from BBC

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-66952421
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

I saw some brown teen boys on a train in Sweden yesterday have a loud confrontation with a blonde hottie who was turning me on yelling back at them. They banged on her window and flipped her the bird after the argument when they got off the train.
Good thing they didn't blow anything up
:putin