European Mens, what's the migrant crisis look like from where you are?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: European Mens, what's the migrant crisis look like from where you are?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 3:04 pm
THE KILL wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 2:03 am
Toilet Fleet wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 8:51 am MeatGrease got long COVID and launched a Kickstarter to finance production of Container Ship Simulator* But Racist

*this may actually exist, I didn't look it up
it does:

Fingers crossed for human trafficking DLC

HAHAHAH
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Brutus Frank wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:50 am It's wild, I couldn't find a page on Finnish grenade attacks, or even a single instance of them.

Apparently they do have 50,500 bomb shelters, though.
yeah because they're right next to Russia. Everybody was really happy to see Finland join Nato since they bring quite a bit of firepower with them.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:11 pm
Brutus Frank wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 8:50 am It's wild, I couldn't find a page on Finnish grenade attacks, or even a single instance of them.

Apparently they do have 50,500 bomb shelters, though.
yeah because they're right next to Russia. Everybody was really happy to see Finland join Nato since they bring quite a bit of firepower with them.
Fuck yeah they do

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Relapse please re-release CONVULSE
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:11 pm yeah because they're right next to Russia. Everybody was really happy to see Finland join Nato since they bring quite a bit of firepower with them.
Haha. The Finns are my favorite European gun nuts. Well, them and the Czechs. And us.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:08 am
THE KILL wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:11 pm yeah because they're right next to Russia. Everybody was really happy to see Finland join Nato since they bring quite a bit of firepower with them.
Haha. The Finns are my favorite European gun nuts. Well, them and the Czechs. And us.
Do you or any of your friends own guns?
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

I like to imagine spacehamster has a double barrel 20ga and a rifle from his military service
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:01 am
spacehamster wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:08 am Haha. The Finns are my favorite European gun nuts. Well, them and the Czechs. And us.
Yeah. It's really pretty common here.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:19 am
spacehamster wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:08 am Haha. The Finns are my favorite European gun nuts. Well, them and the Czechs. And us.
BUT DO YOU OWN A 20GA DOUBLE BARREL?!?!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Brutus Frank wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:51 am BUT DO YOU OWN A 20GA DOUBLE BARREL?!?!
No. I'm not going to list my gun inventory here, but shotguns aren't nearly as commonplace here as they are in the US, and I couldn't shoot one at any of the ranges around here except for one place that's purpose built for hunters with deep pockets.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 9:04 am
Brutus Frank wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:51 am BUT DO YOU OWN A 20GA DOUBLE BARREL?!?!
No. I'm not going to list my gun inventory here, but shotguns aren't nearly as commonplace here as they are in the US, and I couldn't shoot one at any of the ranges around here except for one place that's purpose built for hunters with deep pockets.
Scatterguns as a symbol of being well heeled does seem pretty European. Classy

(Cue up montage of swiss skeet shooters set in slow motion to Messiahs "Extreme Cold Weather")
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Brutus Frank wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 10:09 am Scatterguns as a symbol of being well heeled does seem pretty European. Classy

(Cue up montage of swiss skeet shooters set in slow motion to Messiahs "Extreme Cold Weather")
:lol: :lol:

Not inaccurate.
Eight Bit Alien

Spacehamster dual-weilds black powder NERF pistols. In his youth he spent 2 years on an orbital railgun platform. It was pointed at Tom Cruise's house but nobody knows why. He posted about this once in 2013 but is too modest to repeat it now. There's no mass shootings in his town because every time someone tries, Spacehamster just shoots the bullets out of the air and they fall down.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

That people own guns always seems so strange to me... maybe it's fun shooting them at the range I guess - I used to shoot an air rifle at a friend's place when I was a kid, and becoming more accurate was enjoyable, but most gun owners want more than an air rifle. What a strange hobby...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:15 am What a strange hobby...
Most normies think it's weird that I still play videogames deep into my 40s or that I build model kits and play Warhammer and draw comicbook stuff. Guns are actually perceived as kind of an old man's interest here, and it tends to get fewer raised eyebrows than my other hobbies (okay, maybe except mountain biking, that's "acceptable" as well, I guess), although I generally don't go around talking about it much. But even my expat coworkers just kind of shrug and go, yeah, I guess that's normal here.
Eight Bit Alien

Mountain biking is percieved as weird??? Thats like a super cool guy thing to do here.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 3:04 pm Mountain biking is percieved as weird??? Thats like a super cool guy thing to do here.
No, like I said, that's my one "acceptable" hobby. Totally vanilla white guy stuff. I think it's the second most common sport in Switzerland after soccer. Because, y'know, we have, like, mountains.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Doesn't Switzerland have some weird gun rules for their soldiers? Like they get to bring the gun home (no bullets?) during their (short) service? And when they finish if they choose to be in the reserve they keep the gun at home for several years?
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:37 pm I still play videogames deep into my 40s or that I build model kits and play Warhammer and draw comicbook stuff.
Nothing strange about those hobbies at all IMHO. I'm in the middle of disassembling a pinball machine, which is also totally normal for the average 42 year old German. :tup2:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:55 am Doesn't Switzerland have some weird gun rules for their soldiers? Like they get to bring the gun home (no bullets?) during their (short) service? And when they finish if they choose to be in the reserve they keep the gun at home for several years?
Basically, yeah. You have to go in to do your service days every year and in between you can bring your weapon home with you, but no ammo (you can just buy ammo, though) - it used to be that you were required to store your weapon at home, but they did away with that a while back. And once you finish your service, you can keep the rifle, but you have to go through the same permit procedure as any regular purchase. They used to basically just give it to you at the end (modified to semiauto if it's your rifle, obviously), but now that you have to do the paperwork, most people don't bother unless they actually shoot guns as a hobby.

The thing about gun culture in Switzerland is that it's very closely tied to the military tradition - the ammo at the public ranges is subsidized by the government because they want to encourage people to practice with their service rifles, and so the big shooting competitions are all standard military issue only, etc. And carrying guns is all but illegal, so the self-defense angle doesn't really play into any of it, or at least for most people except a few smooth-brained gun nut morons who think the immigrants are coming for their fondue kettle or whatever. It's very different from the States.

But I also get that all of this is incredibly alien to Germans - you guys have far more restrictive gun laws, and it just isn't part of the culture over there.
THE KILL wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:49 am
spacehamster wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:37 pm I still play videogames deep into my 40s or that I build model kits and play Warhammer and draw comicbook stuff.
Nothing strange about those hobbies at all IMHO. I'm in the middle of disassembling a pinball machine, which is also totally normal for the average 42 year old German. :tup2:
Well, no, of course that's not weird, I just don't think shooting guns is weird either :lol:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:33 amIt's very different from the States.
[jewlawyer]The actual, non-right-wing-fever dream text of the U.S. Constitution made a similar setup. The militia was set out in Article I as a body armed and trained by congressional edict, and not just a bunch of Bass Pro Shops customers that bought The Purge on DVD twice. Read in concert with Article I, Amendment II provides for individual rights insofar as those rights further the militia. But then it all went wacky and now huge sections of the population give themselves lead poisoning just to own the libs.[/hebrew]
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:02 am
spacehamster wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:33 amIt's very different from the States.
[jewlawyer]The actual, non-right-wing-fever dream text of the U.S. Constitution made a similar setup. The militia was set out in Article I as a body armed and trained by congressional edict, and not just a bunch of Bass Pro Shops customers that bought The Purge on DVD twice. Read in concert with Article I, Amendment II provides for individual rights insofar as those rights further the militia. But then it all went wacky and now huge sections of the population give themselves lead poisoning just to own the libs.[/hebrew]
In fact, in the olden days in Switzerland (a country whose modern constitution is pretty closely based on the US constitution, I might add), people were generally expected to have their own guns in case the militia needed them. In some places you couldn't get married or vote if you didn't own a firearm. Which is even closer to the apparent actual purpose of the second amendment than we have today and not at all far-fetched if you consider that armies actually issuing standardized weapons is a fairly recent phenomenon in the grand scheme of things.

Having said that, I think it's the mandatory military service that makes all the difference in how guns are perceived. For most people here, learning the basics of how to operate a rifle is something that the government makes you do, so it's perceived as boring and tedious and basically like paying taxes, which sucks the fun and mystique right out of it. The macho bullshit exists here too, but it's far less common.
Eight Bit Alien

If you think your fondue pots are safe with a bunch of fucking Turks running around you need to study history.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Fondue is just China virus sleeper agent hot pot; Xi will harken the clarion call of the Three Sovereigns and 歐洲時代將迎來火熱的終結 ! Your cheesy sacrileges will not sustain !
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Well, obviously the real reason I'm armed is to defend white women from the Saracen rape hordes.