James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by spacehamster »

People still crying over this shit in 2023 and acting like being made to wear a mask on public transport for a few weeks is basically the same thing as the entire world refusing to acknowledge the Armenian genocide is definitely in my top 3 of conservative brain rot symptoms at the moment.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Brutus Frank wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:11 am No Shots, No COVID

I am guessing that in the near future, search engine results, wikipedia articles (and whatever AI info-assistant bots we use) will automatically sort information about the recent past to confirm narrative shifts like this. If you're in a minority position in any particular public discussion, it will feel like a constant Mandella effect moment. YouTube search results for pandemic stuff already feels like you're in a weird alternate timeline- it's extremely difficult to find videos of anyone making false predictions or assurances about the vax, even though we all remember what they were. It's honestly terrifying.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:03 am
Brutus Frank wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:11 am No Shots, No COVID

I am guessing that in the near future, search engine results, wikipedia articles (and whatever AI info-assistant bots we use) will automatically sort information about the recent past to confirm narrative shifts like this. If you're in a minority position in any particular public discussion, it will feel like a constant Mandella effect moment. YouTube search results for pandemic stuff already feels like you're in a weird alternate timeline- it's extremely difficult to find videos of anyone making false predictions or assurances about the vax, even though we all remember what they were. It's honestly terrifying.
Part of why I now keep crazy person notes

Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

For reasons of continued national existence in the face of an implacable enemy bent on world domination or nuclear destruction, The United States government felt that it and it's allies had to accept the creation of an "aggressive and covert psychological, political, and paramilitary organization more effective, more unique, and, if necessary, more ruthless than that employed by the enemy."

The public acceptance of "the agencies charged by law with the collection, evaluation, and distribution of intelligence ...[being]... strengthened and coordinated to the greatest practical degree" was considered vital.

A defining factor of this security apparatus was it's complete, total, and irrevocable Carte Blanche in the form of operations and activities.

It was rationalized to be imperative that "that no one should be able to stand in the way of this organization when completing it's mission", for reasons of maintaining the existence both national security and individual freedom.

The rejection of all known social and military rules, specifically hitherto norms of human conduct when dealing with enemies, in the name of both national security and averting nuclear war was considered inevitable in this scenario.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

spacehamster wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:01 am People still crying over this shit in 2023 and acting like being made to wear a mask on public transport for a few weeks is basically the same thing as the entire world refusing to acknowledge the Armenian genocide is definitely in my top 3 of conservative brain rot symptoms at the moment.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/21/opin ... -work.html
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:55 am
:lol: :lol:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, except that article basically says the mandates didn't work because too many people didn't follow them.

But even if the conclusion after the fact was that masks don't work (good news for surgeons, I guess, they can all take them off now and sneeze right into our bellies from now on), this still doesn't mean that having asked people to wear a piece of cloth over their mouths and noses out in public for a few weeks in 2020 because to the best of most everyone's knowledge at the time, it was a good idea was somehow the worst violation of human rights in the history of the west and everyone in charge needs to be hanged now. And let's also not pretend that the screeching Karens who were tearing cereal boxes off of grocery store shelves over this shit were trying to make a scientific argument as to the efficacy of mask mandates.

But EBA sure does have a point about this information being suppressed, what with it only being available in the super-obscure New York Times.
:drooly:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

covid is still bad for you
Image Certified Poster
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:19 am having asked people to wear a piece of cloth over their mouths and noses out in public for a few weeks in 2020
Lololol
Eight Bit Alien

Just to preface, I'm not an expert on anything and I'm just making my best guesses here. I don't claim to have direct access to the truth, and you shouldn't trust anyone who does.

I was an enthusiastic masker, and if things got bad enough i wouldn't really mind doing it again in the future. I'm pretty convinced that they do nothing for COVID, but if it helps even a little I'd think of it as basic courtesy. I viewed the controversy around them as being primarily cultural, and figuring that out was more the job for a psychoanalyst than a virologist. It was a dumb battle to pick, imho.

The only mandates I really cared about were the MRNA shots. I personally took a calculated risk, and got 3 jabs during 2021. I have absolutely zero faith in the manufacturers of that medicine, or the corrupt regulatory bodies allegedly policing it.

In America, all political apparatuses and media outlets are deeply embedded in the same financial power structures as the pharmaceutical companies. We are in a very bad spot right now, similar to the late 19th and early 20th century, where robber barons had absolute control over the parties in Washington and the newspapers simultaneously. We had big fights to break up monopolies decades ago, but recently all of that ground has been lost. We have returned to the era of yellow journalism and robber barons, but this time with unbelievably powerful digital technology and the involvement of intelligence agencies / think tanks.

The MRNA shots may be safe, an perhaps in the future they will become more effective. What I am certain of is that the narrative surrounding them, from the media and regulators and from political power structures, was shaped by the desire to exploit a new need in the market.

It's also increasingly obvious to me that the pandemic was created (accidentally) by the same people I'm being asked to trust regarding its solutions, and that this unbelievable disaster could have been prevented if we had been watching the watchmen.
Eight Bit Alien

Also I'm retarded
Eight Bit Alien

https://oversight.house.gov/release/tes ... 9-origins/
The whistleblower, who presents as a highly credible senior-level CIA officer, alleges that of the seven members assigned to the CIA team tasked with analyzing COVID-19 origins, six officers concluded that the virus likely originated from a lab in Wuhan, China. The CIA, then however, allegedly offered financial incentives to six of the experts involved in the investigation to change their conclusion in favor of a zoonotic origin.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

What, the House of Representatives? Everyone knows BAD GUY PARTY controls them, ergo that's all lies
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:03 am In America, all political apparatuses and media outlets are deeply embedded in the same financial power structures as the pharmaceutical companies.
Switzerland is pretty much owned by the pharmaceutical corporations. One of our yearly rituals is for everyone to start wringing their hands when the health insurance premiums go up again and to ask all kinds of questions, except why it is that drugs developed and manufactured right here in Switzerland are somehow more expensive here than anywhere else in the world. It's kind of hilarious.

Having said that, the most I'm willing to concede is that there was obviously all kinds of incentive for these corporations to be first to the market with a Covid-19 vaccine, and that the promises about its effectiveness were too optimistic. It helped, but not as much as everyone hoped it would. The fact still remains that vaccines work better the more people are taking them, so there was every medical reason to do everything short of an actual vaccine mandate. Everything else is just retarded tinfoil hat shit. Nobody forced anyone to do anything. People were just mildly inconvenienced and then lost their shit.

Also, there's plenty of research coming out now all the time, and it's beyond idiotic to now treat the results of this research as if people could have known everything we now know back in 2020 and therefore everyone was intentionally misled. That's just not how it works. The research is good - we need it for the next pandemic.
featherboa wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 8:56 am covid is still bad for you
There's that too. It never really ended, we just got sick of talking about it.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Brutus Frank wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:50 pm What, the House of Representatives? Everyone knows BAD GUY PARTY controls them, ergo that's all lies
You seem to think that when I point out that sources aren't reliable, that the subject matter should be dismissed entirely... Or maybe you're just mad I don't let my jaw go slack in awe of the implications of a conspiracy. I will say that any investigatory body that involves MTG isn't exactly inspiring any kind of confidence that it's more than GOP grandstanding - and I'm also not going to immediately assign the "truthteller" label to anyone that is a CIA whistleblower. I guess it's easier if you paint me as a MSNBC-Russia-Trump-campaign-probe-loving, Muller-time, blue-anon liberal, but I personally like to maintain an ability to have my mind changed as more information can be verified.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

My guy you only wear the paint you smeared yourself with.

2023 nobel in medicine goes to mRNA vaxx creators

https://www.reuters.com/business/health ... 023-10-02/

1949 nobel in medicine went to a guy who standardized lobotomy

UNTRUSTWORTHY SOURCE
https://www.bmj.com/content/332/Suppl_S1/060112

GOOD GUY SOURCE
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/lobot ... bel-prize/

Myocarditis present on all vaxxed patients, from about 2 weeks ago

https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/radiol.232244
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Hahaha, I knew you'd be rage-posting links from your anti-vaxx/conspiracy Telegram channels this morning. All the Twitter CHUDS are absolutely seething.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Bro I just go to drudge, MSNBC, CNN, and the mainstream sites. Cryptogon is about the wildest aggregate that I check out, no Twitter or Telegram
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Brutus Frank wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 6:32 am Some more NO GOOD BAD GUY SOURCES

https://www.zerohedge.com/medical/exces ... e_vignette
https://www.vice.com/en/article/m7b5bn/ ... being-sued

On June 27, after several days of amplifying other people’s posts, the lawsuit states Musk personally committed defamation against Brody when responding to a news article by Zero Hedge—a far-right news outlet that was banned from using Google Ads in 2020 for its racist content and was integral in aiding the spreading of the Sandy Hook conspiracy—with the headline “Patriot Front ‘White Supremacist’ Unmasked As a Suspected Fed.”

“Looks like one is a college student (who wants to join the govt) and another is maybe an Antifa member, but nonetheless a probable false flag situation,” Musk wrote. The lawsuit states this is a clear nod toward Brody. The tweet has been viewed over 1.2 million times since it was posted and while the Zero Hedge post and article were deleted, Musk’s remains up.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

> Vaccine manufacturers are aware of the adverse effects of mRNA vaccines. These adverse effects lead to vaccine hesitancy. The study results by Nakahara et al suggest that mild asymptomatic myocardial inflammation could be more common than we ever expected. This in turn would support a hypothesis of more severe systemic inflammation related to mRNA vaccination in some patients who present with symptoma-c myocarditis. Fortunately, even with symptomatic myocarditis, most patients have resolution of their symptoms within several days, most without permanent sequelae (6). The next steps may involve manipulation of the mRNA vaccine or delivery system, hoping to reduce these adverse events.

:tup:
Image Certified Poster
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Just for shits and giggles, let's all read the actual research paper (https://pubs.rsna.org/doi/full/10.1148/radiol.230743) and not a review/comment, which sets this nice digestible nugget up for certain board members that have a long history of being fucking retarded:
Asymptomatic patients who underwent PET/CT 1-180 days after their second SARS-CoV-2 vaccination showed increased myocardial Fluorine-fluorodeoxyglucose uptake on images compared to nonvaccinated patients, but patients imaged >180 days after vaccination did not.