James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by Brutus Frank »

Well this is odd
The FDA commissioner can issue a so-called emergency use authorization (EUA) on his own if he determines that the benefits of rushing the vaccine into production outweigh the risks, but several vaccine experts told Yahoo News they are deeply concerned by the idea. No vaccine has ever been approved on an EUA basis, said Dr. Peter Hotez, a top vaccine expert, except once to overcome unusual technicalities on a military anthrax vaccine.

We don’t do EUAs for vaccines,” Hotez said. “It’s a lesser review, it’s a lower-quality review, and when you’re talking about vaccinating a large chunk of the American population, that’s not acceptable.”

On Aug. 23, President Trump called a press conference to announce an EUA for convalescent plasma to treat COVID-19, which was controversial in its own right, but the people who might receive it are already sick; vaccines by definition are given to healthy people. In that light, it is vital that clinical trials be allowed to run their course, especially given the novel approaches some labs are employing in their coronavirus vaccine efforts, said Hotez, a professor of pediatrics and the dean of the School of Tropical Medicine at Baylor College of Medicine.

https://news.yahoo.com/doctors-alarmed- ... 53624.html
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

:lol: :lol: HOTEZ
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

I don't understand why people don't trust the guy, it's not like he's motivated by profit or something, he's too rich to worry about money. Everyone knows that once you become rich you stop worrying about profit and start focusing solely on making the world better

https://www.ghbase.com/peter-hotez-net- ... -he-worth/
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

5g towers are suppressing my ice magic powers
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:36 pm 5g towers are suppressing my ice magic powers
This reads like the words of someone who goes by the name METH WYZYRD 🤣😂
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Brutus Frank wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:18 pm I don't understand why people don't trust the guy, it's not like he's motivated by profit or something, he's too rich to worry about money. Everyone knows that once you become rich you stop worrying about profit and start focusing solely on making the world better

Sure that's fine but the manufactures of Hydroxychloroquine ivermectin and Remdesivir aren't? I don't understand the selective skeptics of big pharma where people think vaccines are going to give them brain damage but are perfectly fine with the side effects of all these other drugs.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

cxwx wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:41 pm
Brutus Frank wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:18 pm I don't understand why people don't trust the guy, it's not like he's motivated by profit or something, he's too rich to worry about money. Everyone knows that once you become rich you stop worrying about profit and start focusing solely on making the world better

Sure that's fine but the manufactures of Hydroxychloroquine ivermectin and Remdesivir aren't? I don't understand the selective skeptics of big pharma where people think vaccines are going to give them brain damage but are perfectly fine with the side effects of all these other drugs.
I didn't bring any of that up or express any opinion on it. That's some fine whataboutism, though, that in no way addresses what's posted.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Brutus Frank wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:47 pm
cxwx wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:41 pm

I didn't bring any of that up or express any opinion on it. That's some fine whataboutism, though, that in no way addresses what's posted.
It's whatabotism that you seem to be positing that one person or corporation is more driven than greed than another? Help me understand.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

I just said that he was trustworthy, did I not?
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Or we can just skip all that and be in agreement that all pharmaceutical companies equally suck and fuck people in the ass to get around the whole whataboutism argument.

Now we can change the subject to something more important such as the side effects of the three drugs I listed compared the side effects of vaccines and/or the efficacy of those drugs for the treatment of Covid 19
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

The drugs I never recommended or commented on?

They are made by the same multinational pharmacorps that you just called pieces of shit.

They do, however, have decades of research behind them.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Decades of research in the treatment or viruses? And have any kind of legitimate peer reviewed research into the treatment of Covid-19? You're positive of what you're saying right now?
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

cxwx wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:02 pm Decades of research in the treatment or viruses? And have any kind of legitimate peer reviewed research into the treatment of Covid-19? You're positive of what you're saying right now?
Never said that either; you are the one talking about their efficacy as covid treatments. I have zero opinion on them in that context, nor has there been significant research on the subject.

But they have had decades of research into the long term effects on the human body in general. You know, like Hotez was talking about was required for vaccines in the Yahoo article linked and quoted above.

Weird how this is only the second time in history, yet they were wrong about the most important claim they made for its efficacy.

Last edited by Brutus Frank on Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/riche ... net-worth/
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

cxwx wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:08 pm

https://www.celebritynetworth.com/riche ... net-worth/
Exactly, what's not to trust?
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Jesus Christ fucking lose your login again
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 4:10 pm Jesus Christ fucking lose your login again
Die mad about it
Eight Bit Alien

Dont wish death on each other! Just wait until they invent a new fucking disease! Nobody will stop them! It'll all take care of itself!!! :)
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 8:44 pm Just wait until they invent a new fucking disease! Nobody will stop them! It'll all take care of itself!!! :)
Eight Bit Alien

IVERMECTIN WOULD CURE THAT
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

So fucking tired of these antivaxx morons claiming victory while pointing at cherry picked data from under developed countries. They get whipped up into a frenzy by grifters and pretend they understand how to read research papers claiming they're doing their own research - diving deeper into their own assholes and then wondering why people think they smell like shit.
Eight Bit Alien

COVID-19 patient zero was an employee of the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

So if RFK is able to convince Joe Rogan that Wi-Fi and cellphones cause videodrome tumors in gay frogs does that mean Rogan will cease to broadcast? If so sign me up.
Eight Bit Alien

It would be interesting now to comb through the years of reporting on the wet market hypothesis. Most of it was clearly in good faith, but I'd be willing to bet that you could now identify a certain amount of intentional institutional deception.

Speaking generally, not just about COVID... I'm genuinely frightened by the fragmentation of the media landscape. I think most people I know won't even hear about this news from their preferred media outlets. Big stories and narratives only occur inside small balkanized slices of the population.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Assuming if we were to take the argument that at the absolute worst case scenario Covid-19
was a bio weapon ( almost everyone making this argument is a bad faith actor but whatever). This would mean what exactly... that it's really bad for imperialist nations to engage in biological warfare? What exactly is the upshot of this argument.