FUCK OWNING THINGS

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: FUCK OWNING THINGS

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

The real one but now both!!
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Almost $50,000 into 2 fully renovated bathrooms after a slow water leak into the subfloor. During the complete tear out they found an old patch of vinyl flooring under one of the showers that tested positive for asbestos. Luckily insurance has covered everything except about $2500 so far.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

FUCK that fuck that

fuck this fuck that

fuck it. no
Eight Bit Alien

i would just not have a bathroom anymore
Introvert

Post by Introvert »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:51 am i would just not have a bathroom anymore
Luckily the restoration company was able keep the bathroom in the basement functional. At first they were worried that water may have got into the ceiling and upper walls in the bathroom and laundry room but after a couple weeks of having their giant industrial fans and dehumidifiers running, they determined everything downstairs was dry and undamaged. The worst part is the whole process started around the beginning of August and with certain things on back order, the complete rebuild likely won’t be done until around Christmas. At least I should have a shower and toilet in my master bathroom in the next week or two…..
Introvert

Post by Introvert »

Anyone else ever have to do major home renovations? Is it usual/customary/appropriate to give some kind of tip to various crews who have spent an extended amount of time on their part of the project and they did a really good job? The two guys who did all the tile work and rebuilt the showers did an amazing job, they were very polite and professional and communicated the whole process really well
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Introvert wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:19 pm Anyone else ever have to do major home renovations? Is it usual/customary/appropriate to give some kind of tip to various crews who have spent an extended amount of time on their part of the project and they did a really good job? The two guys who did all the tile work and rebuilt the showers did an amazing job, they were very polite and professional and communicated the whole process really well
I'm not 100% sure about giving tips, but providing some stuff for them - bottled water, snacks, etc. - is usually appreciated by the workers. If the job is completed, maybe something like a gift card or handing them cash saying "Lunch is on me" would be appropriate.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

its ancient history now but around 2020 lockdown times my roof started leaking in basically 10 different places and it ruined me psychologically in ways ive never been able to account for :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Introvert

Post by Introvert »

Hunter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:56 pm
Introvert wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:19 pm Anyone else ever have to do major home renovations? Is it usual/customary/appropriate to give some kind of tip to various crews who have spent an extended amount of time on their part of the project and they did a really good job? The two guys who did all the tile work and rebuilt the showers did an amazing job, they were very polite and professional and communicated the whole process really well
I'm not 100% sure about giving tips, but providing some stuff for them - bottled water, snacks, etc. - is usually appreciated by the workers. If the job is completed, maybe something like a gift card or handing them cash saying "Lunch is on me" would be appropriate.
Today was their last full day and I got them both lunch that they ended up really happy with. One is coming back tomorrow to do some final touch ups. I’m tempted to put 2 $100 bills in an envelope and just write THANK YOU! on it.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Introvert wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:15 pm
Hunter wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 3:56 pm
Today was their last full day and I got them both lunch that they ended up really happy with. One is coming back tomorrow to do some final touch ups. I’m tempted to put 2 $100 bills in an envelope and just write THANK YOU! on it.
Man, that's a generous tip - I'm sure it would be appreciated with the holidays coming up. Next week I'm having a heat pump installed, but hopefully in a year or two will be getting bathrooms remodeled. They're tiny and look straight out of the 1960s - Im sure a modern transformation would make me want to tip pretty hard if the work is good and communication is honest about timelines and progress.