punk/metal stuff in Movies

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: punk/metal stuff in Movies

Post by cxwx »

The Bill wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:50 pm Christina Applegate listens to death metal or grindcore in the show Dead to Me. My wife watches it, I don’t, so I can’t be more specific.
https://www.what-song.com/Tvshow/100432/Dead-to-Me

Probably that Excessum band. Sounds like a Lamb Of God clone.
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Here's some of the more interesting ones I found recently.

I was just skimming through movies on my harddrive and happened to stop on this scene.

There's a bunch of death metal in this movie but I can't figure out what most of it is besides this Ravenous track that I recognized instantly.

This one cracks me up because its a kids movie. I guess they changed the bands name on the soundtrack cd but its intact in the end credits.

I just happen to glance at the credits on this film and noticed Neurosis. weird.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

ghost boner wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:54 am Oh. Yeah that. Was really hoping he had a Megadeth poster or Frances eats sepultura
:lol:

Man I combed that NWA movie when it first came out looking for you guys. Besides Giamati as Jerry Heller I don’t remember it being good enough to watch again (sorry brother).

I’m surprised no one bringing up a reee band (Artificial Brain?) being played and name dropped by a famous actress on that super mainstream tv show.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Nothing beats Trick or Treat, in general, but also specifically for inventing a whole metal band to do the entire soundtrack

Like fasfeay didn't exist except for the production of Trick or Treat
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

FASTWAY but im leaving the post as-is
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Episode one of season 3 of the righteous gemstones has a country cover of venoms black metal!
formerly ghost boner
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Jersey Shore had Twisted Sister and Lamb of God. Very strange since their “sound track” has always been R&B and whatever the hell you call the eye-talian douche music. Trance… House…. it’s not techno. The hell is that shit?
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Miami Vice had some good shit.

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

The Bill wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 pm Don’t know if already mentioned, but watching right now. Sopranos S3 E1 Tony’s son has a weed leaf Pantera shirt.
There's was so much weird shit going on with The Sopranos. Machine head shirts, more Pantera stuff. You could notice the same posters get reused in different sets. The earliest episodes are the best. There's no way some catholic 11 year old boy is going to have Ulver and Rotting Christ posters in his room.
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

cxwx wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:39 am
The Bill wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:47 pm Don’t know if already mentioned, but watching right now. Sopranos S3 E1 Tony’s son has a weed leaf Pantera shirt.
There's was so much weird shit going on with The Sopranos. Machine head shirts, more Pantera stuff. You could notice the same posters get reused in different sets. The earliest episodes are the best. There's no way some catholic 11 year old boy is going to have Ulver and Rotting Christ posters in his room.
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

Here's some death metal tracks from the movie "Famine" that I can't figure out, it's also named "Detention Night". The credits only list songs from Dillinger Escape Plan and Fake Shark/Real Zombie, which is none of these tracks.

edit: these were mostly Necrophagia songs

Here's also a King of the Hill track I don't know, many people online have said it's a PG cover of Nazi Punks Fuck Off, i dunno. There was a song following it i couldn't figure out but i figured out it was The Offspring song "So Alone" as I was putting this together. I cut it out though.

Last edited by zombiehead on Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Little Corey Gorey

This would be a notably weird pile of sleaze even if it didn't have metal shit in it. Mostly basic stuff like Ozzy and Kiss. The older brother character also has stuff like a giant swastika flag and New Wave Hookers poster in his room. During the party you can see someone start to spray paint "dayglow abortions" and one of the guests looks exactly like Dave Mustaine. The number of times the teenage black girl character is called the N-word is rather jaring. It also came out in 1993 but seems like it was filmed in the 80's and was probably shelved for a few years.

Allegedly Divine of John Waters fame was going to play the fat mom character.
Ill body
/
Ill will
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »