TWO SIMPLE LOGIC PUZZLES

Music posts are a bannable offense.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Re: TWO SIMPLE LOGIC PUZZLES

Post by featherboa »

I don't want to spend much time thinking about this, but could those books be by a different, unfortunately named, justin barger? most of the names that i recognize in the summaries are not nazis.

(BQ) :tup:
Image Certified Poster
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

featherboa wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:21 am I don't want to spend much time thinking about this, but could those books be by a different, unfortunately named, justin barger? most of the names that i recognize in the summaries are not nazis.
I know it's not easy to talk to a camera, but when selling books on philosophy, it's a good idea to rehearse something along the lines of "Links are in the description below" and maybe google "Euro to USD" before hitting the record button to announce that your books are up for sale. I'm not trying to make fun of him - I know he's got his own set of challenges. But I have to say, it's pretty interesting to see how he's --- uh, I don't want to say "evolved" or "developed"... "changed"? No... Aged! It's interesting to see how he's aged.

Eight Bit Alien
HATE RIDING BIKE...PULL ME.

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

featherboa wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:21 am I don't want to spend much time thinking about this, but could those books be by a different, unfortunately named, justin barger? most of the names that i recognize in the summaries are not nazis.

Nah, it's absolutely our boy. Good question though obviously...
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

oh no
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

alf weederzine, comrades
Image Certified Poster
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

I'm going to try to transcribe (???) what the first one is so I can attempt to understand it; it literally, I don't, it doesnt

There's this man who inserts a blank page into a machine. And this machine prints out a single sequence of digits of zeroes—just all zeroes—except one of them is num—is number one, the fifth digit [very slurred and unclear; could be "of fifty"?]—the first one is a false statement, because [slurred] it's on an odd number. Now, for it to be a true statement, it has to fall on an even number, like an even part of thing. Like two, or four, or f—or six, or an eight, you know, and so on and so on. Well, there's only ten digits, but you get the, you get the uh... you get the argument. Anyways, the one moves a single place number each time the paper is inserted. However, one statement on an even digit is false for each insert. So, which place would the false statement have to land for the most true statements to be [entirely fucking slurred] a series of ten? Now a reminder, the numbers are ran through ten times each. I want you to tell me what you would sp—I want, you know, in the comment section tell me what the answer would be. There could be many answers.

I tried rewriting this prompt so many times in an effort for it to make a fuckin lick of sense, and I'm stuck. It's just... I dunno, retarded? It's mind boggling. The digit moves a single place number. Which direction? Always the same direction? When it reaches a first or last digit, does it wrap or return? Is the digit movement automatic or intentional? The numbers are ran through ten times each? Or is it a series of ten? Those are two entirely different things! 0000100000 x 10, 0000010000 x 10, etc., vs. 0000100000, 0000010000, etc.

Is that the logic puzzle? That we need to give up and let the vultures feast on our moist and I assume delicious eyeballs?

EDIT: lord almighty I just saw his response to EBA. "Oh he bought them." HOW. HOW DOES A SENSELESS PERSON ENGAGE IN BUYING THINGS.
Eight Bit Alien

[entirely fucking slurred]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Eight Bit Alien

Ive listened to it like ten times myself, just trying to figure out what the premise is.
Eight Bit Alien

"So, which place would the false statement have to land for the most true statements to be [entirely fucking slurred] a series of ten?"
is the heart of the thing, I feel like if I can understand what that question is, I could work backwards to understand the whole question.

I think maybe the thing prints out all zeroes, except for a single 'one'. Where than 'one' lands (in the sense of co-ordinates) makes the printout true or false. Beyond that I really don't understand at all
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

thank you so much for transcribing this, TF. seeing it written out solidifies the inanity.

when I first listened to it, I was 99% sure it was nonsense. now there’s no question.

few things can top “there could be many answers” - it betrays him having a grasp of neither the question nor the answer. to youtube with this riddle - my audience needs this!
Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:56 amThere's this man who inserts a blank page into a machine. And this machine prints out a single sequence of digits of zeroes—just all zeroes—except one of them is num—is number one, the fifth digit [very slurred and unclear; could be "of fifty"?]
any chance the unintelligent thing could be “fictive” e.g. fake/false?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:56 am I'm going to try to transcribe (???) what the first one is so I can attempt to understand it; it literally, I don't, it doesnt

There's this man who inserts a blank page into a machine. And this machine prints out a single sequence of digits of zeroes—just all zeroes—except one of them is num—is number one, the fifth digit [very slurred and unclear; could be "of fifty"?]—the first one is a false statement, because [slurred] it's on an odd number. Now, for it to be a true statement, it has to fall on an even number, like an even part of thing. Like two, or four, or f—or six, or an eight, you know, and so on and so on. Well, there's only ten digits, but you get the, you get the uh... you get the argument. Anyways, the one moves a single place number each time the paper is inserted. However, one statement on an even digit is false for each insert. So, which place would the false statement have to land for the most true statements to be [entirely fucking slurred] a series of ten? Now a reminder, the numbers are ran through ten times each. I want you to tell me what you would sp—I want, you know, in the comment section tell me what the answer would be. There could be many answers.

I tried rewriting this prompt so many times in an effort for it to make a fuckin lick of sense, and I'm stuck. It's just... I dunno, retarded? It's mind boggling. The digit moves a single place number. Which direction? Always the same direction? When it reaches a first or last digit, does it wrap or return? Is the digit movement automatic or intentional? The numbers are ran through ten times each? Or is it a series of ten? Those are two entirely different things! 0000100000 x 10, 0000010000 x 10, etc., vs. 0000100000, 0000010000, etc.

Is that the logic puzzle? That we need to give up and let the vultures feast on our moist and I assume delicious eyeballs?

EDIT: lord almighty I just saw his response to EBA. "Oh he bought them." HOW. HOW DOES A SENSELESS PERSON ENGAGE IN BUYING THINGS.
I THINK what's he's trying to describe is a parity bit, but not quite all the way there.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Yeah it's like if you tried to explain a parity bit underwater?
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I appreciate the amount of effort that is going into deciphering what might just be the worst logic puzzles to ever be conceived. It's feels like trying to recognize someone through a frosted window from 100 yards away, but when you actually get a good view, you realize it's a pumpkin sitting on a mailbox. I'll stand at that window for 20 minutes, repeating "I think that might be the guy who knocked out Glen Danzing! Sings for Kings of Leon or something!"
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

a few months ago my friend and i were watching michael clayton for the hundredth time and during one of the scenes between merrit weaver and clooney there's an open suitcase in the back ground with a book visible in the pocket. it's just out of focus enough to be sort of tantalizing and my friend told me "i always wonder what book that is". she made me stop it and we look at it for a second but we couldnt come up with anything.

i spent more hours of a weekend than i'd care to know like a fucking true detective combing the internet through hundreds of penguin classics covers until

i solved the case :betternotstartanyshit:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien

Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:15 am I appreciate the amount of effort that is going into deciphering what might just be the worst logic puzzles to ever be conceived. It's feels like trying to recognize someone through a frosted window from 100 yards away, but when you actually get a good view, you realize it's a pumpkin sitting on a mailbox. I'll stand at that window for 20 minutes, repeating "I think that might be the guy who knocked out Glen Danzing! Sings for Kings of Leon or something!"
:lol: :lol: holy shit
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Hunter wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:03 pm
Is there some way to conjure Osborne Cox from an alternate universe where he’s a real person and hire him to scream “fucking morons!” at those contestants before murdering them with a hatchet.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

ahahaha that WoF

and fvbtvs ‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
assault and mirage
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by assault and mirage »

Now, for it to be a true statement, it has to fall on an even number, like an even part of thing. Like two, or four, or f—or six, or an eight, you know, and so on and so on.
I love how he was about to say five, hahaha
Eight Bit Alien

but there are only 10 digits
Eight Bit Alien

featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

is it bad that i don't remember making this thread or anything at all
Image Certified Poster
Eight Bit Alien

I MADE THIS THREAD FUCKER

STOLEN VALOR. FALSE FLAG
Eight Bit Alien

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 9:21 am
Around the15min mark... is he talking about gregoroth????
Eight Bit Alien

FUCK. NO. But he does drop new gregoroth lore around 16min in

Pro tip