A thread for modern Draculas that have money

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

A thread for modern Draculas that have money

Post by The Bill »

The conversation always goes Joker. But! But, whom is the best Batman? Let's be honest, Bats is always the straight man to his villains. Abbot to many many Costellos. I say, Adam West is the best Bats ever because he had an actual personality. Campy be damn.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: A thread for modern Draculas that have money

Post by FVBTVS »

robert pattinson

or kevin conroy
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Earth X Nighthawk
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

MPD wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:00 pmEarth X Nighthawk
Earth-31916 or Earth-712 for me :tup:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 pm robert pattinson

or kevin conroy
I still haven't seen the new one - just found out it's headed to streaming really soon, so I'm gonna wait for that.

Live action... I feel like Christian Bale's character was really well fleshed out and has gotta be the best Bruce Wayne, at least.

If Kevin Conroy counts then I don't think there's another contender... I just found out that dude has been openly gay for years. I don't know why I'm surprised by that, except that I was almost sure I heard him talk about his wife at some point.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 8:46 pm
FVBTVS wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:43 pm robert pattinson

or kevin conroy
I still haven't seen the new one - just found out it's headed to streaming really soon, so I'm gonna wait for that.

Live action... I feel like Christian Bale's character was really well fleshed out and has gotta be the best Bruce Wayne, at least.

If Kevin Conroy counts then I don't think there's another contender... I just found out that dude has been openly gay for years. I don't know why I'm surprised by that, except that I was almost sure I heard him talk about his wife at some point.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Obviously the correct answer is Conroy, but for the live action versions, the answer to that question really depends on everything but the guy actually playing Batman. For example, the first two Nolan movies are probably the best live-action Batman media in existence, but honestly, I have a hard time seeing Bale as the GOAT just on the merits of his performance because I can't get over that cookie monster voice. Conversely, everyone loves to shit on Batfleck, but there wasn't really much wrong with how he portrayed the character, he was just in the unfortunate position of doing it in two Zack Snyder movies.

I think it may be a bit too early for this judgment because I need to let the new movie marinade a bit still, but right now, in terms of just how the actual character of Batman was portrayed, that may be my favorite one. And it's mostly because this is the first time since the 60s TV show that someone shows Batman doing actual detective stuff, investigating crime scenes, and just generally actually using his brains as much as he uses his fists. Well, except when he puts his face right up to a bomb he knows is about to go off, but you know. It also has just enough of the angry brooding thing without making him come off as completely psychotic.

So I'm gonna go with that one for the time being.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

pooptastik wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:16 am

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:03 am
pooptastik wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:16 am