Let’s talk about not so famous… ENTOMBED releases!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
gabalgabow
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Let’s talk about not so famous… ENTOMBED releases!

Post by gabalgabow »

The last days, I came back listening to some ENTOMBED CDs I didn’t know too well, and some I knew very well… Here are my thoughts :

-Hollowman MCD 1993: Very cool MCD! I prefer this release than the “Wolverine blues” album released at the same epoch, because it has more fast songs! It’s better balanced between the kicking and the more “creeping”.

-Uprising CD 2000: Very cool death’n roll/ stoner. Riffs & riffs and cool feeling/ compositions. Could we say something like Motorhead goes death’n roll meets stoner?

-Morning star CD 2001: This one is not too much for me… I hear too much of mid/ end 90’s Slayer and early 2000’s “modern” thrash…

-Inferno CD 2003: I never got into this one… I don’t know what is wrong, perhaps the production (?) but it’s boring for me…
I feel something like a dark atmosphere, but well… Perhaps it’s too “sludge”? Didn’t find the key yet, if there’s a door to open…

-When in Sodom MCD 2006: Very cool Ep, with some good ugly vibes and nice ideas! It could have turned in a very good album later… But some musicians left (Including some that wrote music)

-Serpent saints CD 2007: I don’t know this one very well at all… The opening song is very cool, and there’s another track that seems really cool… but I also heard some “very” usual/ Not too inspiring stuffs… So I don’t know, yet.

You dig some of these albums? Say something, perhaps it will help me to change my mind, or find the “key” :- )
Underground metal webzine/ distro/ tape label:
http://nihilistic-webzine-distro.fr
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Let’s talk about not so famous… ENTOMBED releases!

Post by spacehamster »

Fine, I'll bite. I really like Morning Star, but it's also a classic example of what I call the "retrospective album" where a band that's really out of ideas basically does one last album where they revisit everything they've done before and it somehow still works, but then they're done. Everything after that was sort of okay, but unnecessary and forgettable, and if it didn't say Entombed on the cover, nobody would care.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
gabalgabow

Post by gabalgabow »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:16 am Fine, I'll bite. I really like Morning Star, but it's also a classic example of what I call the "retrospective album" where a band that's really out of ideas basically does one last album where they revisit everything they've done before and it somehow still works, but then they're done. Everything after that was sort of okay, but unnecessary and forgettable, and if it didn't say Entombed on the cover, nobody would care.
You might be right,
This said the "When in sodom" Ep released few years later sounded promising... And more enjoyable than Morning Star (for me)
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

This thread is reminding me it’s going to take a month for my Eyemaster pedal to ship
Ill body
/
Ill will
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

gabalgabow wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:03 am
spacehamster wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:16 am Fine, I'll bite. I really like Morning Star, but it's also a classic example of what I call the "retrospective album" where a band that's really out of ideas basically does one last album where they revisit everything they've done before and it somehow still works, but then they're done. Everything after that was sort of okay, but unnecessary and forgettable, and if it didn't say Entombed on the cover, nobody would care.
You might be right,
This said the "When in sodom" Ep released few years later sounded promising... And more enjoyable than Morning Star (for me)
Hey man, he's always right...
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

gabalgabow wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:03 am This said the "When in sodom" Ep released few years later sounded promising... And more enjoyable than Morning Star (for me)
I liked When in Sodom when it came out, but with hindsight, it was more because I really love Entombed and I wanted to believe that Morning Star was a return to form and not the last unequivocally good thing they were ever going to make. Serpent Saints was boring. It's not terrible or anything, but like I said, if it didn't say Entombed on the cover, nobody would've paid attention to it. And I'm just done wasting my time with mediocre albums from bands 10 years past their prime, trying to convince myself that they've still got it. There's more actual good music in the world than I'll ever have time to listen to in my life, I'd rather be doing that.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
gabalgabow

Post by gabalgabow »

Unequivocally might be a little too strong word.
I listened to the "When in sodom" MCD again recently, and it has some good ideas and some substance... A bit more work on compositions, and it could have turned in something greater... But some musicians (who wrote music) left and we got "Serpent saints" (Which seems to have only 2 good songs that stand from the whole tracklist... Don't know this album too well)
Anyway they didn't record anything since Yeeeears (Entombed AD doesn't count...) and I imagine this won't happen soon...
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

the awesome Assassin wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 12:24 pm
gabalgabow wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:03 am
You might be right,
Hey man, he's always right...
Shut the fuck up you piece of shit.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

I've never listened to any Entombed album after Wolverine Blues. Maybe I will try this weekend.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Morning star is the shit mens.... if ya can't dig the energy and riffs, diff strokes for stroker aces... the one after it is more of the same, Inferno, not quite as catchy but sounds good. Play those two ALOT. Get yer sweat going, sweatie,

The other laters stuff has its moments, you could curate a nice album sifting through favorite tracks.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.