Drinking and driving back in the day

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Drinking and driving back in the day

Post by hipster holocaust »

Apparently this was the 80s? I grew up in a pretty Main Street USA town in the suburbs and even the grimiest of my grimy friends who drank and drove observed it as shitty degenerate behavior. Perhaps a southern thing?

Fucking watched this shit on loop like 29 times :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: Drinking and driving back in the day

Post by cxwx »

I remember some after school special about how killing someone while drunk behind the wheel wasn’t even considered a serious crime until like the late 60’s or early 70’s but it could have just been MADD propaganda.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I worked with some asshole who would drink two tall boys of coors light every day driving home. Bought a brand new trans-am and fell asleep going through an intersection. Ended up on work release and was really bitter that the guy he plowed into and almost killed had the audacity to sue him.
Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

It’s just morbidly amusing that I’ve never heard of anything like this even joked about, let alone fought against in earnest, by literally anyone in my pretty blue collar area.

Discussions of:
-Drinking more than a few at the bar and hitting the road? Absolutely.

-Getting absolutely hammered and crashing as a result? Psh at least a few times a year.

-Drinking while driving? Whispers but no for the most part.

-The government taking away the right of drinking while driving? Gtfo :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute