I'm bored

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

I'm bored

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

MPD BAIT THREAD

FUCK YOU BRIAN

I TRICKED YOU

STOP WATCHING MOVIES
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: I'm bored

1. MPD the acronym DOESN'T STAND FOR ANYTHING. Its a FAKE acronym which is ILLEGAL
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I'm starting a new job. I got poached by a different health system and will be working from home.

My old job had a lot of failures on the I.T. end, so I had ended up being pulled far from nursing to do a lot of stuff that no nurse should do. At the new place it will be actual nurse work only. I am nervous about working from home.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

Geeheeb wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:29 am I am nervous about working from home.
Like many others, I was told to work from home in mid-March 2020 and to come back in two weeks when everything is back to normal. That quickly turned into end of April, which turned into end of June, which turned into end of September. By October it finally just became until further notice, BUT……around that time upper management had noticed that my specific work group had actually become more productive at home and decided to make us permanent remote work, plus they were able to get out of the $300,000 a year lease for the building we were in. It was a weird adjustment at first and I didn’t know if I liked it or not. I would actually go into the office on days that I knew nobody was there because it was only a 15 minute walk from the house I was living in at the time but then in November management was getting worried that things were going to get really bad with winter coming so they said unless it’s absolutely urgent for your job no going in the office at all. So the Sunday after Thanksgiving 2020 was the last time I was in the office to clean out all of my stuff. Two years ago when I bought my house, I specifically looked for something that had a bonus room/den so I could have a dedicated office. I was determined not to be one of those weirdos who works from the kitchen table or their bedroom. I think it really helps. I have a window right next to my sit/stand desk that looks out to the front yard and the street and on decent weather days I usually have it wide-open. I get dressed every day like I’m actually going to an office. I’m refusing to become part of the new soft pants generation. I try to go for a decent walk sometime early in the morning before I really get things going for work. I’m sure you could go for a nice long bike ride before starting your day. My schedule has lots of meetings and other assorted group calls so I try to take breaks in between them and get outside as much as possible. I have a daily 3pm group check in and after that I usually go for at least an hour long walk in an attempt to make it feel like I’m leaving work for the day. Having an office at home can be a double edged sword. I’m often checking work stuff in the evening and on weekends but I’m kind of just used to it at this point. My office is also where I have my records and books and other things so I’m in there for non-work reasons quite a bit and sometimes something work related will randomly pop in my head and I’ll just check it because it’s right there. Overall, I’m happy and very used to it now. There were times where I thought I missed being in the office and that I missed my coworkers (who I genuinely like) but recently they started having talks about our first in-person all staff meeting and I’m actually feeling a little weirded out about it. Guess we will see what happens!
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

MPD bait thread inadvertently summons WFH Life Coach Ryan :pizza: :awesome:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien

My tactics and traps are working

I'm the spider mastermind
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Introvert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am bonus room/den so ... dedicated office
I do have this covered, we have a three bedroom house so we each get an office.
Introvert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am I’m refusing to become part of the new soft pants generation.
I am used to wearing pajamas (scrubs), but I probably won't wear those at home... but I feel you on this.
Introvert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am I’m sure you could go for a nice long bike ride before starting your day.
I hurt my back real bad in December, but I'm just getting back into riding to work thanks to an e-bike. I am still hoping to do something in the morning but its hard to get dressed and go out into the snow if I don't absolutely have to.
Introvert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am I have a daily 3pm group check in and after that I usually go for at least an hour long walk in an attempt to make it feel like I’m leaving work for the day.
I will definitely try this.
Introvert wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:18 am I’m often checking work stuff in the evening and on weekends.
The real thing I'm worried about is motivation. For the last 3 years I have been in panic survival mode trying to keep a hospital running, and it will be totally alien for me to not start my day without some crisis. That has burned me out, but also being presented with a fellow clinician who can't take care of people because of something is a motivator. In my new role I will be helping two big (and one little) health systems that combined all merge their electronic medical record systems into a single instance (they both use EPIC).
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

hell on earth
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

WHY THE FUCK IS THAT SOMETHING ALLOWED TO HAPPEN?