General Tso’s Chicken

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

General Tso’s Chicken

Post by cxwx »

R.I.P. Sweet Lord
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: General Tso’s Chicken

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

So how much of this stuff was staged? I've heard people say that most of it was, but some episodes are obviously real.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:33 pm So how much of this stuff was staged? I've heard people say that most of it was, but some episodes are obviously real.
If I remember right, it started off real enough and the backstage producers would egg on the guests. Either the network or a lawsuit changed it soon enough and it just became an ad-libbed carnival of trashy nonsense. There were plenty of pro-wrestlers that were on it.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

It's funny to look back... this show, howard stern, marilyn manson and beavis & butthead were mainstream culture. It all seems completely harmless to me now, but I remember at that time catching this odd sentiment of apocalyptism from some adults. Like people sinscerely believed that our culture was circling the drain, and it was inevitable that lawlessness and nuclear satanism would arrive to burn everything down soon.
Eight Bit Alien

I'd bet that the entire satanic panic came from daytime trash shows like this. Just middle aged housewives and sensationalist television.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Metal and Horror movies were the gasoline, but Morton Downey Jr. and TV evangelicalisms were the match.
Eight Bit Alien

Younger generation will never be able to understand how fucking insane televangelism was, and the extent to which it impacted people - i didn't even realize growing up how much of the junk I was consuming was a reactionary response to it
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

i'm internet friends with Meg.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

His security guy Steve had his own show once. It was basically him acting like a tough guy talking down to people who thought it would be wacky like Springer’s show, but Steve was “serious”.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

The Bill wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 12:10 pm His security guy Steve had his own show once. It was basically him acting like a tough guy talking down to people who thought it would be wacky like Springer’s show, but Steve was “serious”.
That show was amazing “our next guest molested all 9 of his step kids” (Wilkos throws chair through wall and screams about how he will personally send the step dad who always weighed 90 pounds straight to hell )
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage