GUNS

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Re: GUNS

Post by cxwx »

Glub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:57 pm
cxwx wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:51 pm Hipoints are pretty shitty and ugly as fuck but at least they won’t blow up in your hand. And if you run out of ammo you can beat someone to death with one of their 45ACP pistols.
Taurus, in the past, have been notoriously bad, but I'm told they are better these days. I'm still skeptical.

Our friend brought his 9mm carbine this weekend and I won't lie, it was fun to shoot. Also, you don't have to clean it/you mail it to them after a few thousand rounds, which is a plus. For 200 bucks, not a terrible deal.
I got a savage arms some year ago for about $300. It’s okay for a 5+1 12 gauge. I just hate that you can’t load it with 3 inch shells ( if will eject them but not cycle a new one, so you can technically have a 3” as your plus 1 in the tube and load the rest with 2 1/2”) I don’t think they are drop safe though so not a good idea to leave it loaded with the 6th shell in.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

cxwx wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:03 pm
cxwx wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:51 pm Hipoints are pretty shitty and ugly as fuck but at least they won’t blow up in your hand. And if you run out of ammo you can beat someone to death with one of their 45ACP pistols.
Taurus, in the past, have been notoriously bad, but I'm told they are better these days. I'm still skeptical.

Our friend brought his 9mm carbine this weekend and I won't lie, it was fun to shoot. Also, you don't have to clean it/you mail it to them after a few thousand rounds, which is a plus. For 200 bucks, not a terrible deal.
I got a savage arms some year ago for about $300. It’s okay for a 5+1 12 gauge. I just hate that you can’t load it with 3 inch shells ( if will eject them but not cycle a new one, so you can technically have a 3” as your plus 1 in the tube and load the rest with 2 1/2”) I don’t think they are drop safe though so not a good idea to leave it loaded with the 6th shell in.
I know next to nothing about shotguns, so I'm staring at this post vacantly.
I'm sorry.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Glub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:00 pm
hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:54 pm Even as a NYer a few hundred bucks is still a week’s groceries for the average family, and much more for one not in my area.

It’s funny to think some idiots will spend more than half their take home pay on this shit.
Ah, I get the impression guns cost a lot more up there.

They are pretty cheap in the south.
This was just me googling shit, there are no shops in NYC due to them being illegal (unless you’re a cop!).

They’re most likely more expensive in shops even in the rednecky spots in the state since we have the most strict laws in the country, but I wouldn’t know.

As a guitar player it’s mind blowing the average broke gun loving guy would spend as much on a gun as you would on a decent ax. At least with that you don’t have to pay to use it each time you play (ammo).
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Glub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:06 pm

I'm sorry.
Hahaha, no worries. I’m pretty novice myself.

The “5 plus 1” just means you can fit 5 rounds in the tube and then still load one in the chamber if you want to, so instead of racking the slide to load your first shot, it’s already in there ready to fire. With a lot of shot guns however if the hammer is knocked hard enough they can go off if they are dropped ( as opposed to being “drop safe” where the hammer can’t hit the firing pin just from getting jarred). So typically it’s safer to leave the chamber empty if you have a loaded shot gun in your house.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

cxwx wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:17 pm
Glub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:06 pm

I'm sorry.
Hahaha, no worries. I’m pretty novice myself.

The “5 plus 1” just means you can fit 5 rounds in the tube and then still load one in the chamber if you want to, so instead of racking the slide to load your first shot, it’s already in there ready to fire. With a lot of shot guns however if the hammer is knocked hard enough they can go off if they are dropped ( as opposed to being “drop safe” where the hammer can’t hit the firing pin just from getting jarred). So typically it’s safer to leave the tube empty if you have a loaded shot gun in your house.
Ah, understood.

I've only ever used semi-auto shotguns (3 or 4 times ever).
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:14 pm
Glub wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:00 pm
hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:54 pm

As a guitar player it’s mind blowing the average broke gun loving guy would spend as much on a gun as you would on a decent ax. At least with that you don’t have to pay to use it each time you play (ammo).
I'd argue with this, but I can't.
MeatGrease wrote:

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Also how many fuckin guns do you need to play with to keep yourself satisfied? I’ve been playing for almost three decades and own a whopping 3 guitars. Granted I lucked out and found my favorite one in college, and understand the appeal of variety, but shit.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:31 pm Also how many fuckin guns do you need to play with to keep yourself satisfied? I’ve been playing for almost three decades and own a whopping 3 guitars. Granted I lucked out and found my favorite one in college, and understand the appeal of variety, but shit.
I wouldn't consider myself a "gun guy," but I have nine.

In fairness, one of the reasons I have more than a few was due to ammunition shortages.

But I don't have "repeats" of any caliber.
MeatGrease wrote:

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Check out uncle fuckin moneybags
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:40 pm Check out uncle fuckin moneybags
I usually get basic, functional guns.
They will not leave you homeless.
MeatGrease wrote:

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:31 pm I’ve been playing for almost three decades and own a whopping 3 guitars.
I’ve got 6 electric plus an acoustic that isn’t technically mine and one bass ( down from two)

These are all ultra dirt cheap practically throw away. The nicest is a 7 string Gio barely used by the previous owner and he threw a Duncan
Pegasus in the bridge.
Ill body
/
Ill will
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Ok what should my first gun be
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:51 pm Ok what should my first gun be
What do you want it for (range/fun? Self defense?/ home defense?)?
MeatGrease wrote:

hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Fun son. As mentioned before I can’t have shit at my spot in case Chuck Schumer visits so it will need to live upstate.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 pm Fun son. As mentioned before I can’t have shit at my spot in case Chuck Schumer visits so it will need to live upstate.
If you're looking for a handgun, 9mm is a good choice. You'll have a wide variety to choose from, you can find something affordable and you will always have cheap and plentiful ammunition. They're easy to shoot as well.

If you want a rifle, AR15s are popular because they are easy to shoot and you can customize them if you ever ferl the need (I don't; I like shit that works right out of the box). Carbines are fun too.

Ruger makes firearms that are affordable, functional and they have a great warranty if anything ever goes wrong.
MeatGrease wrote:

Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

To be clear, guns are total dogshit
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

What are we supposed to do, use MMA to stop mass shootings? Your arms wont reach.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 8:59 pm Fun son. As mentioned before I can’t have shit at my spot in case Chuck Schumer visits so it will need to live upstate.
If you're using it upstate, I'd personally recommend a higher gauge shotgun - as they're not going to have a big kick, and it's more of an event when you take it out. That way you don't have to be a crack shot to shoot some cans off of a fence - and you can visit some fish and game clubs for a round of trap or skeet. It could also be worth investigating some hunting and/or gun safety/certification courses where they provide the guns and teach you the proper handling and cleaning techniques - which is vital, IMO. In my early teens, I took a 4H course where I learned how to load and fire muskets, use compound bows, and shot some rifles/shotguns/pistols as well. It was a lot of fun, but also gave me the proper respect for weapons.

For a while in my teens, I lived at a fish and game club - my family helped maintain and operate it in exchange for cheap rent, so I got pretty good at both trap and skeet. I also did some target shooting with a .22 rifle, but that gets old kinda fast - there's no kick, so it barely feels like your firing a gun. I feel like pistols are a bit more dangerous, since they're so small and tempting to pull out and fuck around with. You pull long guns out to clean or fire them, not to quickdraw in front of a mirror and accidently discharge a round into your leg.

Modern gun culture sucks, though. I don't have much desire to go to ranges based on all the 2A freaks who need guns to make up for their lack of a personality (aka penis size). Not really interested in "shootin' the shit" with dipshits wearing tactical vests that have punisher/thin blue line insignias on them. That said, most of them aren't shooting clay pigeons, they just want target practice with their bumpstock AR-15s or whatever.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I want an Ak
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Sometimes play with the idea of an AR-12.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Hunter wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:22 am

Modern gun culture sucks, though. I don't have much desire to go to ranges based on all the 2A freaks who need guns to make up for their lack of a personality (aka penis size). Not really interested in "shootin' the shit" with dipshits wearing tactical vests that have punisher/thin blue line insignias on them. That said, most of them aren't shooting clay pigeons, they just want target practice with their bumpstock AR-15s or whatever.
Nowadays gun culture is indeed jam-packed with chodes, especially online.

It might vary depending on where you're from, but in my neck of the woods, people at the range are very friendly and, other than the occasional cringe-worthy shirt, my friends and I never have to listen to any boring political rants.
MeatGrease wrote:

Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

FVBTVS wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:30 amI want an Ak
Zastava makes good AKs that won't break the bank.
MeatGrease wrote:

cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Gun culture is mostly people who have substituted weapons ownership as a personality trait. I’ve chosen grindcore instead of a personality, I think I made the right decision.
Ill body
/
Ill will
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

I'd also recommend an AR-15. I started with a 22 rifle and while it's fun shooting cans and bottles nothing comes close to blowing up some tannerite with a high powered rifle. The joy you get from aiming, pulling a trigger and seeing something you just shot at fucking explode is damn near unrivaled. Cumming in a girls mouth is the only thing that beats it really and I think we can all agree that's like as high as it gets. Find a cheap used 22 and if you like it just remember that's jacking off and an AR-15, again, is cumming in a girls mouth
formerly ghost boner
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:warrior:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR