What can possibly be done about climate change?

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: What can possibly be done about climate change?

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

:yerma:
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
kevin hash
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by kevin hash »

Cum.

A lot.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Thank god someone is taking a stand against corporations who are CARRYING WATER for the ALL POWERFUL LEFTISTS who force their hands. Someone desperately needed to ask the question "ARE COMPANIES TOO WOKE WHEN IT COMES TO CLIMATE CHANGE?"

https://www.ekathimerini.com/nytimes/11 ... o-climate/
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hunter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 6:33 am Thank god someone is taking a stand against corporations who are CARRYING WATER for the ALL POWERFUL LEFTISTS who force their hands. Someone desperately needed to ask the question "ARE COMPANIES TOO WOKE WHEN IT COMES TO CLIMATE CHANGE?"

https://www.ekathimerini.com/nytimes/11 ... o-climate/
Honestly, the only explanation for all of this that I can come up with is that these people know it's going to become significantly more difficult in the next 2 decades to continue the upward redistribution of wealth because Gen Z basically isn't falling for any of it anymore. I understand that being a spineless grifter is point one in the job description if you're a politician, but they have to know on some level that this absolute lunacy isn't sustainable and unless the human race wipes itself out before this century is over (which is a pretty likely scenario, granted), it's only a matter of time until we look back on the 2020s and its rampant, insane science denial as one of the more embarrassing periods in our history.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 7:57 am Honestly, the only explanation for all of this that I can come up with is that these people know it's going to become significantly more difficult in the next 2 decades to continue the upward redistribution of wealth because Gen Z basically isn't falling for any of it anymore. I understand that being a spineless grifter is point one in the job description if you're a politician, but they have to know on some level that this absolute lunacy isn't sustainable and unless the human race wipes itself out before this century is over (which is a pretty likely scenario, granted), it's only a matter of time until we look back on the 2020s and its rampant, insane science denial as one of the more embarrassing periods in our history.
There's a huge right wing movement to undermine public schools/universities and demonize science. The US has a SEVERE anti-intellectualism problem, which is why we're seeing conservatives attack these institutions in any way possible. They're too woke, provide useless liberal arts degrees, hate America, put people in debt, destroy free speech, teach CRT, groom children to be transgendered sex slaves, etc. Scientists are creating demonic vaccines that will track/control you/kill you. There's nothing random about the who is under attack in the culture wars.

- Destroy education
- erode public trust in science
- shift blame for problems created by unethical capitalism
- ???
- Profit
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

Easy fix:
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

The collapse of the food chain will solve the American obesity epidemic, I'll finally be able to slim down. The American dream works!
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
Brutus Frank
[citation needed]

Post by Brutus Frank »

cxwx wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:03 am The collapse of the food chain will solve the American obesity epidemic, I'll finally be able to slim down. The American dream works!
I'd suggest a reasonable diet and daily exercise, but apparently engaging in self control and personal responsibility for your own body would make you double-hitler. Whatever you do, make sure you aren't CARRYING ANY WATER
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hunter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:49 am There's a huge right wing movement to undermine public schools/universities and demonize science. The US has a SEVERE anti-intellectualism problem, which is why we're seeing conservatives attack these institutions in any way possible. They're too woke, provide useless liberal arts degrees, hate America, put people in debt, destroy free speech, teach CRT, groom children to be transgendered sex slaves, etc. Scientists are creating demonic vaccines that will track/control you/kill you. There's nothing random about the who is under attack in the culture wars.

- Destroy education
- erode public trust in science
- shift blame for problems created by unethical capitalism
- ???
- Profit
This is all happening here too, it's just not working as well for them because we also have a pretty good public education system and social safety nets - both of which they're trying to undermine and then blame the problems on immigration, of course. The anti-science garbage really took off during the pandemic, and it's now shifted to climate denial.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Hunter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:49 am *There's a huge right wing movement to undermine public schools/universities and demonize science.

*The US has a SEVERE anti-intellectualism problem,

*They're too woke,
*provide useless liberal arts degrees,
*hate America,
*put people in debt,
*destroy free speech,
*Teach CRT,
*groom children to be transgendered
All of these things are true simultaneously. You don't have to pick from one menu or the other!!!
Eight Bit Alien

They all come from the same restaurant!!
Thank you drive thru
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

I can't say I understand the point you're trying to make, but I will acknowledge that I've been going too hard on this and culture war stuff over the past few days.

I'm going to log off, get some better sleep, and decompress for a while.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:02 pm
Hunter wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 8:49 am *There's a huge right wing movement to undermine public schools/universities and demonize science.

*The US has a SEVERE anti-intellectualism problem,

*They're too woke,
*provide useless liberal arts degrees,
*hate America,
*put people in debt,
*destroy free speech,
*Teach CRT,
*groom children to be transgendered
All of these things are true simultaneously. You don't have to pick from one menu or the other!!!
The citations needed for this [citations needed] are so dense that light itself cannot escape
Eight Bit Alien

It's my lived experience
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Please just go back to focusing on ethics in gaming journalism
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Brutus Frank wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:22 am
cxwx wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:03 am The collapse of the food chain will solve the American obesity epidemic, I'll finally be able to slim down. The American dream works!
I'd suggest a reasonable diet and daily exercise, but apparently engaging in self control and personal responsibility for your own body would make you double-hitler. Whatever you do, make sure you aren't CARRYING ANY WATER
You're using my self deprecating joke about being a fat fuck to tell me that I'm a fat fuck.
samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2023/07/26/cli ... lapse.html

Ocean currents could collapse by as early as 2025.

Eight Bit Alien

At this point it's gonna have to be planet-wide industrial scale carbon capture right?

Or kali yuga
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

seems like it, among other things

where build?
Image Certified Poster
Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

This is all Putin’s fault.
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

featherboa wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 am seems like it, among other things

where build?
A.I.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Geeheeb wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:28 am
featherboa wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 9:55 am seems like it, among other things

where build?
A.I.
The cloud, obv
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

synergy
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

throw the entire colorado at growing trees
Image Certified Poster
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

featherboa wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 11:53 am throw the entire colorado at growing trees
its not even that big of a river!