ILLUMINIHILATION - Shattered Shields, Pt. 2 OUT NOW

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

ILLUMINIHILATION - Shattered Shields, Pt. 2 OUT NOW

Post by Chevalier Mal Fet »

Hello Friends - Hope everyone is well.

Just wanted to drop-in and drop-off the link to my new album, Shattered Shields, Pt. 2, released under the ridiculously awesome band name I came up with in high school, ILLUMINIHILATION. As some of you may know, I wrote tons of songs in my teens, twenties and thirties, though the bands I joined or started never really got off the ground.

Recently, as in several years ago, I decided that I should really learn to produce my own albums - mainly for my own pleasure - but also to validate my identity as a songwriter, I figured it would help if there were some songs out there for people to you know, actually listen to.

I put out a demo called A Portent, in 2020 which you can find on my Bandcamp https://illuminihilation.bandcamp.com/album/a-portent and then released Shattered Shields, Pt. 1 on all platforms in 2022, which was mainly my take on metallic hardcore type stuff. I was lucky to be joined on that album by the talented Mr. Otey (Idgit Child) on bass and our friend Erin (who lurked the old board and some of you may have met) on drums. All of the records were engineered and mastered by Mr. Marston at Menegroth Studios. He's a mensch!

For Shattered Shields, Pt. 2 - I played and programmed everything myself (though I had Erin proofread the drum programming). This new album features sort of a hodge-podge of styles from metal to hardcore to punk to folk/alternative-rock stuff which I suppose could also be called emo/indie. Here's a lyric video I made for the first single, "Baby":

Both albums are available on all streaming services via my linktree here: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation and along with the demo, represent a total of 28 songs I've recorded and released in the last three years. I don't know whether I've made anything mind-blowingly, groin-grabbeningly awesome - but I'm really proud of this accomplishment regardless. I am starting work on the final album from the old notebooks soon, which will be "the metal one" - I'll likely play everything on this one as well, except am hoping to have the return of live drums for this project. After that, I may continue releasing music under this name, or might opt for a total fresh start for my nowadays post 9/11 music.

Would love to hear people's feedback, positive, negative, hilarious, whatever - and hoping some of you may hit those follow buttons on the Bandcamp or the Spotify or the Youtube, to make me feel like a big man.

:cheers:
Dudes - check out my record: https://linktr.ee/illuminihilation
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

Re: ILLUMINIHILATION - Shattered Shields, Pt. 2 OUT NOW

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Thanks for sharing man.
You are now, and will always be, a friend.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

samiam wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 6:05 pm Most of my favorite bands are mexican, like cephalic carnage
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

cxwx wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:25 pm Image
:fonz:
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Sun Sep 03, 2023 11:27 am Thanks for sharing man.
You are now, and will always be, a friend.
Thanks to this thoughtful message, I am now a Friend with Gratitude.
Eight Bit Alien
You can say anything you want about my wife...but don't you say a goddamn thing about my daughter.

:lol: hahahha!!
Eight Bit Alien

But seriously i enjoyed that last batch of music you put out, looking forward to hearing this new stuff.
Chevalier Mal Fet
O.G. Interwebber

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 1:10 pm But seriously i enjoyed that last batch of music you put out, looking forward to hearing this new stuff.
Thanks - I very much appreciate that!!!