The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The Schwartz wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:Killed Firesage, about to try the centipede demon.

This last stretch is taking a lot out of me.
truer words have never been spoken from a man who hid from Smough

but honestly it is fucking brutal, when I showed back up in the cell for the second playthrough saying "this is your fate" I was like that's okay with me man
Listen, that was before I discovered that fire magic is basically having the force of twenty volcanos behind me. Since then the only guy I summoned was Solaire for the centipede demon and that's because Solaire rules the fucking roost.

Just cleared out every t-rex, I hope I'm getting near this bed of chaos.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

obviously nothing in blightown is giving me really any trouble but the layout is giving me a fucking headache and i'm ready to quit
NANOplague
I'm not very smart.

Post by NANOplague »

This game is just pissing me off thinking of all the wasted time. Who the fuck wants to farm for hours? farmers?
"Infidel defilers... they shall all drown in lakes of blood." ~ Thulsa Doom
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Loading up on rings of sacrifice (and homeward bones) = always being human and never losing souls or humanity
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

NANOplague wrote:This game is just pissing me off thinking of all the wasted time. Who the fuck wants to farm for hours? farmers?
Once you unlock ungodly warlock's super secret farming spot it's more like farming for ten minutes and than being able to afford anything you want...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

CLEAR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Blair wrote:unlock ungodly warlock
heh
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

what is this ng+ business ?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:
riley-o wrote:the butterfly killed me once :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
me too, but that's because i wandered in there with no estus and no idea where i was
I actually managed to get keeled the first time too, mostly because I didn't realize it was so much more vulnerable to melee damage and the first time it stopped at the bridge it seemed like it only did that to lure me in so it could wind up its AOE attack. And I just made too many mistakes trying to evade its ranged spells and hitting it with Soul Arrow. Second time I just caved its skull in.

Also, you can just run past all the stone knights blocking the way to it. Although I now have those figured out too and as long as I don't have to fight two of them at once, they're a piece of cake. This is why I love these games.
fallbacktostone wrote:what is this ng+ business ?
If it's anything like Demon's Souls, after you beat the game, you start over from the beginning with all your stats, equipment and items except for keys/plot items. All the enemies have considerably higher stats, but also drop more souls. You'll probably have to do repeat playthroughs with the same character to get the platinum trophy; I haven't looked into it in any detail yet (mostly because the weapon upgrade system is a fucksight more complicated this time around, and I'm just starting to wrap my brain around it), but I'd be surprised if that wasn't necessary.

Anyway, Moonlight Butterfly dead, prolly Londo next.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I beat Queafhag and got me some über chaos shit, went down into the pit and flukishly killed ceaseless discharge with like 4 hits somehow and have about +4 pyro flame from swamp slut.

Question: does this flame go to +15 too? Just trying to roughly calculate the souls I'll need to max her bonus out...
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

doomeddisciple wrote:
Question: does this flame go to +15 too? Just trying to roughly calculate the souls I'll need to max her bonus out...
Flame goes to +15 then it can be ascended and leveled to +5.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

go to a bonfire and attune magic, put the soul arrows into your equip

and the you have to equip some sort of catalyst to use your magic
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

if you can get about 10 minutes in you get a skull lantern that can help you out

or you can do Izalith first and there is a helmet that gives off a light

I didn't need no scrubby spell

lantern 4 lyfe
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

That first section without the lantern nearly drove me to complete mental collapse.

Get all the lights.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

it's not that bad slinkster
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

The three worst sections of DS for me:

1) Bed of Chaos
2) Tomb of Giants pre patches
3) Crystal Cave

Bonus nods to the knights in londo ruins and fighting anor londo bosses without magic. Was going to try to craft a bunch of new weapons last night (had three unused pieces of ember) but after bed of chaos I needed to just clear gwyn and get done with it. I'll dick around in ng+ until battlefield I figure.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I think this is the first time I have ever played a game where I was smashed into the ground by a giant dungball by an ogre. What a cocksucker.
Also, the maggots before Quelagg officially cement this game as the scariest ever for me.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fucking New Londo Ruins like arrrgh.

At least I got the Firekeeper Soul, which felt doubly righteous given that I consumed the first one like an idiot, only to get slaughtered by the Capra Demon until I had lost the Humanity I got from that. But now I'm just falling off ledges left and right, flailing my sword at ghosts that are disappearing into the walls.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

spacehamster wrote:Fucking New Londo Ruins like arrrgh.

At least I got the Firekeeper Soul, which felt doubly righteous given that I consumed the first one like an idiot, only to get slaughtered by the Capra Demon until I had lost the Humanity I got from that. But now I'm just falling off ledges left and right, flailing my sword at ghosts that are disappearing into the walls.
Those ghosts are pricks, man.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ungodlywarlock wrote:
Yeah... I gave up and killed the Hydra instead. The wiki says something about a safe spot that you can use to just chip away at it with arrows, but I couldn't find it, so I figured it was probably best to just run up to it and chop all its heads off. That worked just fine and dandy.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Comrade Slinky wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:
Flame goes to +15 then it can be ascended and leveled to +5.
pyromancy goes to +15? how high does pyromancy go?
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

spacehamster wrote:
ungodlywarlock wrote:
Yeah... I gave up and killed the Hydra instead. The wiki says something about a safe spot that you can use to just chip away at it with arrows, but I couldn't find it, so I figured it was probably best to just run up to it and chop all its heads off. That worked just fine and dandy.
I haven't tried the hydra in 20 levels or so. Last time I attempted, he blasted me with a tidal wave about a half mile away.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

oh also

i mistakenly killed the guy with the egg sack on his back that blocks your way to the chaos covenant chick? is he an important npc?

:drool:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

i killed that guy too. as far as i know he's not important at all. he might not even have any items, not sure.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

is the hydra in ash lake harder than the one(s) in the rest of the game? because i was absolutely destroyed 6-7 times and did basically no damage to it. first enemy aside from capra demon and havel that has killed me more than once or twice :( i've got to be doing something wrong (walking up to it and trying to stab it in the face)