The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

It's one song on one radio station. Just don't pick said station... or don't use the radio at all, and listen to your own choice of music. Stupid thing to bitch about.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: I don't know. Sublime is that awful.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Played Mass Effect: Arrival with the last of my four Shep-Sheps yesterday, realized I was still going to do leave-Zaeed-to-die with one of my others, did that today. My four savegames are now ready for ME3 to shit all over the literally hundreds of hours I've invested into the Mass Effect universe.

It would be really funny if the savegames were somehow not compatible because I have the Singaporean version of ME2, too. Why do I have this version? Because BiowEAre refused to make a version with the original sound files for the German-speaking market.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

final boss/ending of uncharted 3 sucked. bleh.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:final boss/ending of uncharted 3 sucked. bleh.
Haven't played it yet, but that's hardly surprising...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

also the gunfights were so tedious towards the end, and the exploration pretty much disappeared. i can't give this more than 6.5/10 if i'm being honest with myself. i guess the naysayers were mostly right :?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:also the gunfights were so tedious towards the end, and the exploration pretty much disappeared. i can't give this more than 6.5/10 if i'm being honest with myself. i guess the naysayers were mostly right :?
I felt like I was missing out when I didn't buy it but now... meh. I don't know. I feel like it's only a maybe at best.
Nah, it's a better game than 6.5 for sure. Although, I did want to rush through the last level, and the "Boss" was barley a boss and the ending was a bit bland, mostly because they at no point tell you why or what the "issue" that seems to be resolved in the cut scene ever was.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Uncharted 3 didn't have a final boss battle.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I was going to play a bit of Arkham City and take a break from Skyrim but lo and behold I can't dl the game from Steam at all. But, it sounds like all the PC specific features (DX11 and others) that were officially the cause of the 6 week delay are totally fucked and in dire need of a patch. Fuck Warner Bros. and Rocksteady forever. I'm so glad I didn't spend a single dime on this game.
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

I've now spent what must be about an hour driving around in SR3 looking for a limo to draw out my mark for an assassination contract... and I still don't fucking have one. I've only seen one limo the whole time I've been driving around, and I passed on that one because I was driving a rare sports car that I've only found once in 16 hours of gameplay to my crib for storage. I see limos all the freakin' time when I'm doing other shit, where are they all hiding now I want one?
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

...and then, literally less than a minute after I posted that, I found one :awesome:

man, I am loving this game... sunk almost 17 hours into it this week, and I still haven't finished Act 1 because I've done so much side mission stuff... and so much driving around starting mini wars and generally being an asshole :moreawesome:
Image Image
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

The Bill wrote:Nah, it's a better game than 6.5 for sure.
i would have given the first 3/4 of the game a solid 8 for sure. but god the last part of the game, both in the level design and the plot's attempt (and failure) to resolve and come to a decent conclusion, just absolutely sucked on every level (aside from the caravan part).

was no one else fucking annoyed by the constant suppression fire in the last few chapters? on hard anyway, it was nonstop snipers and RPGs and sometimes it was just trial and error to figure out where to crouch so you didn't die right away.

the ship part of the game is an example of when the uncharted games combine the environment and combat well. those last chapters were just crouching behind crates or whatever and it was annoying, made even worse by the complete lack of payoff at the end of the game.

THAT SAID... if you really liked uncharted 2 it's probably worth renting this for the 3-4 hours of great parts that are as good as anything in U2.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

as good as the train levels ??? :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

not as good but certainly fucking worth it, The highs are fantastic but it's really sour to finish
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote: It would be really funny if the savegames were somehow not compatible because I have the Singaporean version of ME2, too. Why do I have this version? Because BiowEAre refused to make a version with the original sound files for the German-speaking market.
You still bitching about this? I told you already like 10 times, AMAZON UK, you get your bames in 2 or 3 days and they are much cheaper anyway than the German version.

Now feel free to bitch about not liking to order from Amazon UK because you would have to go and pick up the bame somewhere in the woods because you are unable to make proper arrangements for the delivery.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Krieg wrote:
spacehamster wrote: It would be really funny if the savegames were somehow not compatible because I have the Singaporean version of ME2, too. Why do I have this version? Because BiowEAre refused to make a version with the original sound files for the German-speaking market.
You still bitching about this? I told you already like 10 times, AMAZON UK, you get your bames in 2 or 3 days and they are much cheaper anyway than the German version.
Okay, and now explain how this is relevant to the fact that my savegames are from the Singaporean version, and I don't know if they'll be compatible with whatever version of ME3 I'm getting - most likely from Amazon UK? Because, you know, that's what I'm talking about. I'm not sure what it is you're talking about.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I'm pretty sure game saves aren't region restricted. The Asian version of ME2 is region free btw.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:The Asian version of ME2 is region free btw.
Well, yeah, that's why it runs on my European Xbox. I'm not too worried, but then again, honestly, doesn't region-locking savegames sound like exactly the kind of shit EA would pull? That's all I'm saying, but apparently Krieg has decided to pull a you-know-who and turn an offhand comment from me into a ten-page argument.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote:Krieg has decided to pull a you-know-who
...adolf ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:fp:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:awesome:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

:lol:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Played the Rage demo for a bit today. How much of the full game consists of melee enemies charging at you while you try to shoot them, constantly running out of ammo? Because that seems to be most of what I'm doing.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Sigh. Well, I was gonna get Arkham City next anyway, so I guess it's no big deal.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i've totally changed my opinion on RAGE.

turns out it's a totally fucking boring ass game. had it moment's but overall it's NOTHING special.

$10 game if you need to
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do