The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by fallbacktostone »

man i wanted to play that so bad
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

riley-o wrote:sorry pal. Hopefully next Thurs is right when you'll realize you need to make a new character because you fucked up all your skills distribution :rhug: :lhug:
You can respec at any time.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

It sounds like none of you homones are playing on PC?
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Just download them from a torrent if you already own them. You'll probably have to mess with DosBox or something like that for the older ones.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

journey is awesome and trippy as fuuuuuu

gets crazy towards the end, amazing how captivating a game can be be just moving the joystick up
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Double Dragon reboot is fucking ass
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Project Eternity details...
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Project Eternity is still early in development and we are still working on many of the cultures, factions, and ethnic groups of the world and debating many of the system concepts. However, there are certain fundamental things we want to let you know about the game and the setting for Project Eternity.

Your Party
The maximum party size is the player's main character (PC) and up to five companions for a total of six characters. This does not preclude the addition of temporary characters in special circumstances. Companions are never forced on the player. Players can explore the entire world and its story on their own if they so choose. We feel companions are excellent sounding boards for the player's (and other companions') actions, but the story is ultimately about the player's personal conflict among the larger social and political complexities of the world.

Formations
A key element of the classic party-based tactical combat that we are developing is the use of party formations. As in the good ol' games, you can arrange your party in a large number of set formations. You can also construct your own formations if you want to get fancy. When moving companions, you have the ability to rotate formations for more precise positioning.

Character Creation
At a minimum, players will be able to specify their main character's name, sex, class, race (including subrace), culture, traits, ability scores, portrait, and the fundamental starting options of his or her class (gear, skills, and talents). We have not worked out customization details of character avatars, but we believe those are important and will be updating on these specifics in the future.

Companions
In Project Eternity, companions exist for both narrative and mechanical purposes. Companions are designed to have a driving interest in the player's central conflict. Their personalities and motivations open plot branches and generate conflicts for players to resolve over the course of the story. They are highly reactive to the player's actions and to the world around them. Additionally, companions exist to give players strategic management options in party composition that expand the party's capabilities in exploration, combat, and quest resolution. It is no coincidence that there are at least as many companions as there are classes. As stated above, companions are not required to play through Project Eternity's story, but we feel that they can add greatly to the experience.

The Set-Up
The player witnesses an extraordinary and horrific supernatural event that thrusts them into a unique and difficult circumstance. Burdened with the consequences of this event, the player has to investigate what has happened in order to free themselves from the restless forces that follow and haunt them wherever they go.

The Nature of You
Your character is not required to be of any particular race, cultural background, sex, class, moral outlook, personality, organization, etc. The premise is that you are a victim of circumstance. How you choose to deal with your situation is up to you. You can bear it with stoicism and restraint or fly off in a rage at anyone who gets in your way. The world will react to your choices, but the game is designed to give you the freedom to play your character the way you want to.

Races
We are still developing the races of Project Eternity, but we are creating a range that encompasses the recognizable (e.g. humans, elves, dwarves), the out-of-the-ordinary (e.g. the so-called "godlike"), and the truly odd (?!). Races and subraces differ from each other culturally, but the races also have different physiological factors that can contribute to friction and confusion between them.

Within even the recognizable races (including humans), we are creating a variety of ethnic subtypes and nationalities. This world's races did not all spring forth from the same place, and millennia of independent development have resulted in distinctive and unconnected groups. For example, the dwarf ranger below is originally from a southern boreal region that is quite different from the temperate homes of her distant kin to the north.

Additionally, Project Eternity's world contains some isolated races and ethnicities, but transoceanic exploration and cultural cohabitation have heavily mixed many racial and ethnic groups over time. This mixing is not always... peaceful. At times it has degenerated into genocide and long-standing prejudices are ingrained in many cultures.

That's all for today's update. We'll have more information on the world and systems in the near future. Please give us your feedback and thank you for all of the ideas and support you've given so far!

http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/602...ers-and-races/

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

It's true I get lots of respeck at any time.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Cryptoplasty wrote:It sounds like none of you homones are playing on PC?
Steam sale or bust. Fuck your $60 pricetag Gearbox.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pretty much. I should say Gearbox putting that guy's dead friend in as an npc is pretty classy. Wish I was hyped for 2.

And eham, if you want to play all those old IE games with little to no hassle, you could just buy them on GOG.com, too.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Been meaning to playthrough NWN2 but will wait until I finish Dark Souls. Word is the Mask of the Betrayer expansion has the best content of any NWN game.

Speaking of fantasy rpgs, Dragon Age III: Inquistion, None Expect It has been announced. Fool me once, Bioware....
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah, I heard the opening is rough and you just kind of have to grit your teeth and slog through it. 4-5 hours in and supposedly it gets better.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I installed Black Mesa last night and played it for about one hour. It looks indeed pretty. I had to stop playing it because it gave me motion sickness, what a gay I've become. Anyway, can't complain about a free game.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

electronicham wrote:Don't worry, Krieg. I have gotten motion sickness from two video games to date. One of them is Skyrim. I will have to pain through that one
I've never gotten motion sickness from a FPS from just walking around and turning, but if I jump or fall of a very high ledge, ugh! Gets me worse that a roller coaster.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/ ... -joy-puke/

Sounds like some of you guys should pass on Borderlands 2.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What a fucking joke of a review.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

That review pukes a bunch of horseshit

Everyone else says its awesome as it should be
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

currently playing BL2 pantless with the comfort of my own boner
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I think I'm leaving work early, I'm gonna finish this drawing and get the fuck out of here.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

currently have a lvl8 siren and a level 4 assassin. game rules and i'm no further than an 2 hours in on either play through and i've only seen the snowy glacier place.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/09/ ... -joy-puke/

Sounds like some of you guys should pass on Borderlands 2.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
What a fucking joke of a review.

Borderlands 2’s single-player campaign mode isn’t as good as what you’ll find in games like COD: Black Ops or the Medal of Honor series.

:lol: :lol: :lol: What the fuck?! That's like saying one kindergarten kid's artwork isn't as good as another. I could see if he was comparing it to Bioshock or Half-Life... :fp:
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

there is seriously loot hidden within every ass crack of this game. I'm a mess right now I'm sweating because I haven't accomplished anything, and now you get to choose different rewards if you do accomplish something

any and all social life officially ended
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Game is pretty rad so far, the bosses rule and the detail added from the first one is really upgraded

The special perks that each character is actually worth using this time

Had to take a break to please lady friend since I still hadn't put pants on
Itching to shut her the fuck up and get back to it
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

BONERFARTS :awesome: :awesome: :pizza:
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Fucking Internet has been down for 5 hours now

Made it into sanctuary and am going to call it a night

Hopefully can get some more co-op done later this week
Sorry stallone
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Anyone play the Resident Evil 6 demo? Is it as bad as it looks here?

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-zfaOr5YdA&t=14m4s<

Comments from Obsidian's CEO.
We were actually contacted by some publishers over the last few months that wanted to use us to do a Kickstarter. I said to them "So, you want us to do a Kickstarter for, using our name, we then get the Kickstarter money to make the game, you then publish the game, but we then don't get to keep the brand we make and we only get a portion of the profits" They said, "Yes".
Hope publishers disappear in the near future. What a bunch of grimy fucks.