NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Ray »

TF@work wrote:philosophically, i have no choice but to love them. home team discount from one of the best ever power forwards in history? foreign-sourced weirdo components? kawhi leonard? the least media-friendly coach ever? if i owned an nba team, i'd root for the spurs to beat them.
:tup:

At the same time I keep waiting for them to implode from being old like ANY SECOND but they just don't.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Who cares about the Spurs. No one here talking about how amazing Kyle Lowrie has been the last 2-3 years. Quickly becoming one of my favorite players ever and the Raptors best player.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

i'll probably never give a shit about a guy that spent basically eight years as a locker room cancer. don't care how hard he balls out against a .500 retirement home.

d'antoni. i'm not sure who's the bigger sack of dumb: the lakers for hiring an obvious system-first coach to lead a team with pau and dwight as pivotal pieces, or the coach that is so unwilling to deviate from the system that he poorly utilized a still-could-be-transcendent true 5 and a hall of fame (but not at all stretch) 4. if the lakers made the right move and hired brian shaw in the first place, they're a 6 seed last year, and very well may have kept dwight. instead, we're here, with a dumbshit ownership family doing dumbshit shit shittily
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I've been talking about Lowry since he had an awesome year with the Rockets, not surprised at all. Same with Dragic.

And he wasn't that bad if at all, yeesh
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

TF@work wrote: a still-could-be-transcendent true 5
:wank: :wank: :wank:
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

bland ed wrote:
No shit. That imaginary scenario Hypothetical Harry cooked up was really enlightening.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

bland ed wrote:
okay then, a still-would-have-been-the-second-best-player-on-the-team true 5. even a half-effort prima donna was an improvement for that shitpile, and even after landing him, they proceeded to throw up all over themselves for two consecutive years. it is baffling, absolutely baffling, that people who do basketball team-having for a goddamn living are so abjectly and unrepentantly bad at it.

nah you're right, the lakers were better off with sacre, kaman, and hill.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

hahahaha
Natas

Post by Natas »

Brian Shaw did nothing but spit up all over his shoes and his roster was better than the Lakers.

What point guard would you take before Lowrie? Let's assume he's done being a douche and stays productive like he's been for several years. Parker, Curry, Paul are better, but I'd have to think about taking guys like Wall, Irving, Lillard, Conley, Dragic before him.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Natas wrote:Brian Shaw did nothing but spit up all over his shoes and his roster was better than the Lakers.
look at the lineups they had, and then look at the offenses they ran. you can't simply compare aggregate talent. shaw with better post players is more comfortable running an offense. as far as defense... meh, i don't think a heavy-switch defense would fare substantially worse than what had transpired the past two years. if the offense improves (it would) and the defense at least stays static (it would) = more wins, plus happier post players that might actually stick around.
Natas wrote:What point guard would you take before Lowrie? Let's assume he's done being a douche and stays productive like he's been for several years. Parker, Curry, Paul are better, but I'd have to think about taking guys like Wall, Irving, Lillard, Conley, Dragic before him.
don't get me wrong, the guy is a talent. i just hate him because of how bad he was to have around in years' past and how he'd infect locker rooms. i think in terms of value added to a team, lowry had a bigger individual impact on his team than parker, and a step behind curry and paul. and what do you have against the new and improved isaiah thomas 2.0? i'd pick him behind lowry but at least he's in the mix.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Shaw has proven nothing yet though. It's all speculative. Totally forgot about IT2, he's great
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

speculation is the only thing that keeps this league interesting. otherwise it's all statistical analysis.

brooks is fired if he loses. correction: brooks should be fired regardless, but he definitely is fired and possibly sold into sex slavery if he loses. $0.10 dollars bucks says he ends up coaching the lakers :D
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

RANDOLPH SUSPENDED FOR GAME 7. THIS IS SOME SHIT

Steve Adams, OF COURSE :lol:
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

calling that a closed fist punch. good lord what a stupid league.

conley's hurt too. should be a great game! gasol is going to have to come up huge.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

Gunther wrote:calling that a closed fist punch. good lord what a stupid league.
so you call it what? a closed-fist straight-armed shove? is that a distinction even worth making? the league would be even stupider if they didn't suspend that fucking dumb galoot.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

it's really not a punch. he definitely was about to punch him, but it's basically a shove.

what i call it is some bullshit. really is his fault for doing it though.
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

series fits well in cunt
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

fuck god
Natas

Post by Natas »

bland ed wrote:series fits well in cunt
:bean:

Just saw the Lillard buzzer beater this morning. Holy crap!!

Andy, get the sand out of your vagina or watch the WNBA.

TF@work
OH LAWD!

Post by TF@work »

z-bo is otherwise likable, but sometimes he's just such a fucking idiot meathead that he can't rub two brain cells together in that big galoot melon of his and realize "dur blurhur, maybe this might hurt my team." so suspend his stupid ass for being stupid, and suspend yourself for trying to get all machismo over a sport that calls fouls when a jump shooter initiates contact.
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

are you gonna be ok
Natas

Post by Natas »

:|
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Last edited by bland ed on Sun May 04, 2014 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Natas

Post by Natas »

I have a mancrush on Aldridge and James Johnson by the way
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

Well this has sucked. I wish I hated OKC, but oh well. I do hate Derek Fisher though so fuck him.