The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Bummed because the servers for the bf4 beta are down right now and I had a lot more fun playing that last night than I have been with GTA V. That game really isn't doing anything for me.

I was hoping there was some sort of feature to import music because the radio stations are fucking atrocious.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:yeah see the pc version is the complete opposite of that; you will never ever get good drops. the only way to get significantly better equipment is using the auction house. piece of crap game.
That's terrible. Here's hoping that's a one and done experiment.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Raymen Legends defeated. Yeah! Image The boy and I tried out Super Paper Mario to see if it's a good "next" game to play, but the immeasurable amount of text was boring the kid. We went to Mario Galaxy, but I think he want's something 2D. Super Mario World, here we come :tup2:

Tonight I'm starting out with Diablo (it's been on my mind today), and then may venture into SRIV to almost finish her off.

Blow it out your pipe hole, Geoffry.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

abdominalpillaging wrote:Here's my newest work in progress. Building a supergun so I can play some arcade pcb's on my monitor. Looks alright for the first attempt I guess. It's pretty basic, but it'll do what I need it to. Neo Geo pads will work on it, have a kick harness adapter on the side so I can play any of the games with more than 4 buttons, typical coin, player 1+2 start, service, and test buttons, mvs stereo switch, audio attenuation circuit, RGBs and rca stereo output on the back, and also will support -5v for the games that require it. Once I get it completely finished up I'll post some pics of it running. Gotta admit it is a lot of fun so far putting it together.

Looks awesome man! I need one of these... Good job.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Was hanging out with a dude who works at IGN and it took a few drinks but got him to admit Colin Moriarty is an insufferable douche. 8) :lol:
I barley pay attention to whom an article is by, so I don't have emotional attachment to that name. Anything specific that you would name drop the fellow for?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geoff just wants to fuck the dude.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Sorry, Holmes, I was referring this Moriarty character. I vaguely remember you mentioning the name, but nothing is sticking.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

:invcross:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

has any played outlast? it's PC only right now but i heard that it will be ported over to the PS4 for the first round of PS+ free games when the console launches. shit looks horrifying (and awesome)

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vcgdl4xQ18<
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

not played, but it's one of the reasons I'll probably end up getting a PS4 early next year. with amnesia 2 or whatever it's called supposedly being somewhat of a letdown as far as scariness goes, I need something else that'll scare the shit out of me
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fuck, is any of IGN's shit not obviously advertisement anymore? Looks like a cool game, though, and seeing as it's under 20 bux on Steam.... cough...

Anyway, since I'm past the 200 hour mark on the new Splinter Cell I decided to finally man up and finish the original trilogy. Had the HD versions sitting on my PS3's hard drive with the first one half played for like two years now. Shit is hard, but it holds up surprisingly well. I guess since awkward controls aren't an issue if the game's so slow? I dunno, but it's pretty fun, and I usually hate playing games from the "origami with puke on it" era because I skipped it and I have no nostalgia for anything between 00 and 09.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:Fuck, is any of IGN's shit not obviously advertisement anymore?
i'd say their GTA: online review isn't
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifLYB7DhHAQ<

Just got this, it's turning out to be one cool and unusual game. Gotta figure out how to play it as you go, but there seems to be a lot of misinformation imparted to you via the character and others.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

moratorium on mentioning IGN for any reason
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Yeah, I don't know why anyone with any sense would visit IGN.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

copstache wrote:Image

:invcross:
:brokenheart: :lhug:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

terraria is 7.49 on xbl marketplace right now and after playing the demo i can be sure its worth it. in case there are any trve xboss warriors still out there..

I have 8 children.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

PC version of Terraria is way better, man. It also just had an update that added tons of new content, effectively doubling the length and amount of shit to do in game. The console version wont receive this update for quite a while, if at all.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:evil:

i walk a hard road

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote:moratorium on mentioning *** for any reason
Fine with me. I WAS just responding to a post about you-know-what.

Just to ward off any like false allegations and stuff.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i didn't mind the level of control in the demo in general, and even though some reviewers are griping about that, it seems like the biggest problem is that the game's story is.... boring. for all of its faults, heavy rain wasn't BORING. scene-to-scene i thought it was really intense, which doesn't seem to be the case for beyond. boring story + artless/clumsy non-linear narrative sounds like a shitty combination to say the least.

oh well, i'll probably watch/listen to my GF play it and laugh at it
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

also, at this point i straight-up refuse to believe ANY developer who talks about "limitless gamer choice! the narrative is shaped by you!" even in games i like, like the walking dead, it's almost always oversold and overhyped. i don't think a single game developer has the mindset of under promising/over delivering when it comes to that .
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

So, I was given this game a few years ago and tried it once (just for goofing off's sake) and it wasn't bad. It was alright, actually. Reviews and my own feeling at the time paint it as an Arkham Asylum clone. Any how, now that Rayman Legends is beaten my boy wants a new game to watch and picked this over some Mario titles. I guess tonight we shall give it ago... for AMERICA!!!

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

OH shit!!! This guy just called Geoff a stupid clueless bastard that doesn't know what he's talking about and has a big ugly butt, and has butts on his butt:

http://www.gamespot.com/beyond-two-soul ... w-6415416/

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:also, at this point i straight-up refuse to believe ANY developer who talks about "limitless gamer choice! the narrative is shaped by you!" even in games i like, like the walking dead, it's almost always oversold and overhyped. i don't think a single game developer has the mindset of under promising/over delivering when it comes to that.
The only ones I believe who say "your choices matter" are Obsidian and CD Projekt RED. Every other studio gives you the illusion of choice but doesn't want the player to screw up their masterfully crafted story. Spec-Ops: The Line did choices really, really well, too.

I can't finish The Walking Dead because I reloaded after one of the big choices in the first episode and...it didn't matter. The barebones gameplay didn't help either and I finished Heavy Rain!

Also, fuck reviews for a game like Beyond. You gotta stop looking at Metacritic and I**, Pisscubes. Metacritic is awful and I** doesn't need any sort of explanation. Those same doofuses couldn't stop creaming over The Walking Dead or Journey (nothing wrong with those games if you like them!) and handing out GOTY awards when adventure games like that have been around for yeeeeeaaaaaars.
Last edited by Wang Mandu on Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele