The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by copstache »

:lol: so good
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I refuse to be a part of another year of Luigi, or even a week of Luigi. fuck off, Luigi :ax:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Okay, well, I beat BF4. I'm, yeah...

I got it for eye candy really, & going back to Wolf right now shows I made a mistake. I just think Wolf is much better looking. Oh well, BF4 becomes the first PS4 game I ever beat & the first I'm selling back. Also, I'm officially done with these Modern Warfare games. Old or new. I really never need to play any of them again.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The Bill wrote:Okay, well, I beat BF4. I'm, yeah...

I got it for eye candy really, & going back to Wolf right now shows I made a mistake. I just think Wolf is much better looking. Oh well, BF4 becomes the first PS4 game I ever beat & the first I'm selling back. Also, I'm officially done with these Modern Warfare games. Old or new. I really never need to play any of them again.

I haven't even finished a level of the single player - the multi is so good dude - you gotta give it a go!
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

let's be real... he'll never check out dat multiplayer.

another console generation, another round of bizarre gaming choices from our beloved Bill :cheers:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Preorders for the CE (and regular disc versions) of The Witcher 3 are up.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

will there be a longer Witcher 3 presentation at E3? I'd like to see them talk more gameplay... those parts in the trailer looked freaking unreal.

speaking of E3, my longshot prediction: Crystal Dynamics reveals next-gen Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver title.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:will there be a longer Witcher 3 presentation at E3? I'd like to see them talk more gameplay... those parts in the trailer looked freaking unreal.
afaik there will be, yeah.

Based on the brief glimpses of combat the trailer shows, I think it's especially the animations for Geralt that sell it. It looks unbelievably fluid and natural. I'm sure some of that is just selective vidcapping, but they did talk about how they've polished up the animation, and it shows.

I'm really curious how stats and combat are going to work this time. I honestly don't think TW2 needs more than some tweaks, but a lot of people hated the combat, and knowing CDPR, they probably threw out everything and started over from scratch just because they didn't want to feel like they were half-assing it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:let's be real... he'll never check out dat multiplayer.

another console generation, another round of bizarre gaming choices from our beloved Bill :cheers:

Threw it on just to goof around, but my God Dark Souls 2 looks awful. I need to check out DS1 again just to see if it isn't some sort of PS4 to 360 visual thing, or if indeed it looks this much like ass. Christ!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Bill wrote:
Threw it on just to goof around, but my God Dark Souls 2 looks awful. I need to check out DS1 again just to see if it isn't some sort of PS4 to 360 visual thing, or if indeed it looks this much like ass. Christ!
It's a little of both. DkS1 doesn't look as good as you remember it, and DkS2 is really kind of ugly, or at least parts of it are - the real problem is the discrepancy between the good parts (which look better than anything in DkS1) and the bad (which look like something out of a PS2 game.)

Only PC version ist real,
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

spacehamster wrote:
Only PC version ist real,
I'm starting to think so. At least, with a bunch of these 360 titles. I think I'm going to axe them all, and one day when I get an office in my house and then a super PC I'll play them. I really think this PS4 will be the last console I buy for myself.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

post your backlogs:

MGS5: GZ
fire emblem: awakening
mario golf
pokemon X
child of light
mario kart 8 (kinda)

then smash bros 3DS is coming in a few weeks i think.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

not even backlog really just a bunch of random free and dirt cheap shit from xbl sales that i have no intention of ever really really playing aside from finishing borderlands 2 and maybe deus ex..
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
deus ex human revolution
hitman absolution
bioshock infinite
civ revolution
arkham city
dead island
borderlands 2
walking dead
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I've got like 15-20 I want to play before getting a PS4, but lawd knows I'm not going to list them all out. Journey and Persona 4 Golden are at the top though

</worthless post>
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

...and of course now that I've ordered the PS4 version of Wolfenstein, they finally put the uncensored version up on Steam. Haha. Fuck.

Uh, backlog? Don't get me started.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i just killed a bunch of rednecks with giant fire spitting robots made by a guy who looks like rob zombie while a ministry song blasted over the loudspeakers

i think i kind of like watch dogs now
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:i just killed a bunch of rednecks with giant fire spitting robots made by a guy who looks like rob zombie while a ministry song blasted over the loudspeakers

i think i kind of like watch dogs now
Did the guy say "Yeah"?

Wolfenstein... now here's a real FPS.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Can somebody recommend a PS4 game other than KZ: Shadow Fall and Wolfenstein? I'm considering buying a PS4 today because of the long weekend and so that the console's here when the other two games arrive, but there just aren't any games for the fucking thing. How's the new Infamous game? Is Watchdogs still broken? How short is that DLC-sized MGS game really?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I picked up Assassins Creed Black Flag for half price and it's an Assassins Creed game, but I'm enjoying it.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I recommend Tomb Raider.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I already have Tomb Raider on PC. And I don't see myself ever getting another AssCreed game.

Sigh. I think it's either MGS or I'm postponing this for next week. Not like I really want or need to have three games as soon as I get the thing.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Saw some Destiny game play footage. BORING!!!!!!
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

spacehamster wrote:I already have Tomb Raider on PC. And I don't see myself ever getting another AssCreed game.

Sigh. I think it's either MGS or I'm postponing this for next week. Not like I really want or need to have three games as soon as I get the thing.
Need for Speed is supposed to be pretty good, although IIRC you're a GT fan, so maybe the NFS style isn't your thing.

some people seem to REALLY love Transistor and it's gotten very positive reviews... sounds like it has an interesting story and deep gameplay (made by the team that made Bastion).
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Played some of that new Metal Gear. Good stuff BUT I think I've completely lost all sneaking skills. I noticed this when I tried the Dishonored DLC.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Need for Speed is supposed to be pretty good, although IIRC you're a GT fan, so maybe the NFS style isn't your thing.
I actually like more arcade-style racers fine as well. It's just a completely different type of game to me. NFS, Wipeout, Motorstorm, s'all good. Anyway, too late, stores are closed now. :lol:

Meanwhile, I've been trying to make it through The Witcher 1 again, but holy fuck, I forgot how much backtracking there is in this game. I think I'll give it another shot tonight, but I really just don't have it in me anymore to spend literally hours just running back and forth across the same map.