I need some more death metal in my life

Music posts are a bannable offense.
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Re: I need some more death metal in my life

Post by HeyWard »

Bored, Esq. wrote:I'm currently seeing Ward as the male version of Vanessa A. This is not a good thing.
Gonna thank you again for that Asphyx you hooked me up with a while ago. Kicked off this resurgence in interest of mine. But, yeah, I am by no means a "death metal head" (or whatever), but I like some, and would like to know more.

I really wanna check out Funerbarum (sp?), a session player of theirs is in Mind Eraser, and he just did his own 3-banger ep and it fucking rules. Innumerable Forms-Dark Worship.

I recommend it, but as is stated multiple times here--I don't know shit about death metal, haha.

Oh, thanks for all the tips, dudes.
Last edited by HeyWard on Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Metal Parties for NY Fuckfaces Check It: cluster FUCKED

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
rape bear "I forgot to add: Scott Ward's pussy eating skills."
copstache "scott ward: rapist"
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

The Torsion wrote:Fuckin' I'd suggest early Usurper, like Skeletal Seasons and earlier, but I doubt you'd like it. You'll always have Black Breath :roll:
I can see why you wouldn't like it, but the vocals are anything but "snotty." That's just trolling, my good man. I just enjoy thrash-influenced hardcore (e.g. Living Hell)

delmuerte "That's like a 1/10th of one dick, unless you're Scott Ward. In that case, it's like 10 dicks."
Dann O)))
wolves evolve...

Post by Dann O))) »

The Timeghoul demo stuff is going to be officially released on CD soon. They were a great band.
mastoman
How's them beans, ma?

Post by mastoman »

deathkids.
wheatgurm
Nespithe

Post by wheatgurm »

Yea metal is so boring to me anymore. I can't seem to get into any of it. I'm glad I'm not playing it anymore to. As a drummer you can only do certain beats or its not deemed metal. i.e. ok grind for 8 measures then do a "1-2 beat" for 4 measures, maybe throw in a doomy part to be all scary, then double time w/ thundering double bass. Gawd so boring. Oh its band photo time. Ok time to look all tough and mean, tilt head back so we can see inside your nostrils either make a fist or cross your arms. Yea Im tough now take my picture. Fuckin meatheads haha. Im sure nobody here is like that though....right?
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - fz
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

wheatgurm wrote:Yea metal is so boring to me anymore. I can't seem to get into any of it. I'm glad I'm not playing it anymore to. As a drummer you only do certain beats or its not deemed metal. i.e. ok grind for 8 measures then do a "1-2 beat" for 4 measures, maybe throw in a doomy part to be all scary, then double time w/ thundering double bass. Gawd so boring. Oh its band photo time. Ok time to look all tough and mean, tilt head back so we can see inside your nostrils either make a fist or cross your arms. Yea Im tough now take my picture. Fuckin meatheads haha. Im sure nobody here is like that though....right?

Ermmm...thanks for the help? :?

wheatgurm
Nespithe

Post by wheatgurm »

HeyWard wrote:
wheatgurm wrote:Yea metal is so boring to me anymore. I can't seem to get into any of it. I'm glad I'm not playing it anymore to. As a drummer you only do certain beats or its not deemed metal. i.e. ok grind for 8 measures then do a "1-2 beat" for 4 measures, maybe throw in a doomy part to be all scary, then double time w/ thundering double bass. Gawd so boring. Oh its band photo time. Ok time to look all tough and mean, tilt head back so we can see inside your nostrils either make a fist or cross your arms. Yea Im tough now take my picture. Fuckin meatheads haha. Im sure nobody here is like that though....right?

Ermmm...thanks for the help? :?
yea sry. I just needed to vent. Thank you.
You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline. It helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. - fz
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

DISMA
http://www.myspace.com/dismadeathmetal
members of FUNERBRARUM / EVOKEN / INCANTATION / ABAZKUGHGHG{OHGOHRATH / ETC!!!!!!!!!!
The Torsion
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Torsion »

Kerasphorus
Haha,
necrothrash
I like to smell things.

Post by necrothrash »

The Torsion wrote:Kerasphorus
:tup:

To OP:
Unrelated, but check out Drawn & Quartered
The Seventh Son
How's them beans, ma?

Post by The Seventh Son »

Iniquity, Vader, Demigod, Disincarnate, Hail of Bullets, Edge of Sanity, Torchure, Sadism, Mithras, the list goes on...
Mari_Mar wrote:"It's on hold. I can't write right now. All my aggression is used up stretching my new pussy."
soiled depends wrote:
noah thirteen wrote:Cattle Decapitation have a "representative"?!
Yeah, it's called "fuckin brutality"...I guess you've never heard of it before....
From Blintzes to Crepes
Elitist Prick

Post by From Blintzes to Crepes »

mastoman wrote:deathkids.
Friendly Goatus wrote:I want to shout obscenities into her vagina and then whisper apologies into her butthole
monsterod wrote:I'm gonna skin my dick to this when I'm sober enough to cum.
Gunther wrote:shut up redneck
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by eyehatethehumanrace »

necrothrash wrote:
The Torsion wrote:Kerasphorus
:tup:

I second this recommendation. Pete Helmkamp can do no wrong.
eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Frickin' Slayer wrote:
not null wrote:Grave Miasma
Teitanblood
Massacre
Funebrarum
Convulse
Dead Congregation
Disembowelment
Autopsy
Molested
Rottrevore
Antropomorphia
Necros Christos
More Incantation
Even More Incantation
Incantation Harder
^copy and pasted directly from the nuclear war now forums. lol. jk but srsly ppl. get opinions of ur own, dont just listen to what every1 else is listening to.
hey, don't scare her off, she's kind of cute.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

from the greatest Death Metal album recorded ever:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

please wear your depends when you listen to this track because its the HEAVIEST SONG EVER WRITTEN:
i don't really consider them "OLD SCHOOL," like Suffocation, their songs transcend eras. Maybe because of the lack of blasting / grittier sound / doomy atmosphere it may be lumped in the "old school" category but the deep guttural vocals / palm muted staccato : pinch harmonic riffs ratio / american influenced brutality / etc. to me makes them transcend that.

think of them like LEVI's Jeans, they've been around for a while now and they're still fashionable.
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

Not to appear even more demanding and entitled than I may already, but would any of y'all care to recommend albums in addition to the band? That'd be pretty dope.

Digging the Grave I copped ("Into the Grave") :tup:

zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

eyehatethehumanrace
Map, Monitor, Surge

Dann O))) wrote:The Timeghoul demo stuff is going to be officially released on CD soon. They were a great band.
this is good news...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

you might dig the first couple gorguts records ("erosion of sanity" and "considered dead"). definitely a suffocation vibe on those albums.

stuff you didn't mention listening to that i would consider these bands absolutely vital listening for anyone getting into death metal:
pestilence
ripping corpse's "dreaming with the dead"
cryptopsy's "none so vile" (people seem to hate it all of a sudden which i don't understand at all)
autopsy
death
dismember's "like an ever flowing stream"
immolation
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Idget Child
Big McLargeHuge

Post by Idget Child »

HeyWard wrote: I really wanna check out Funerbarum (sp?), a session player of theirs is in Mind Eraser, and he just did his own 3-banger ep and it fucking rules. Innumerable Forms-Dark Worship.
You should definitely get on Funebrarum, but that's a pretty crappy reason for wanting to do so...

I'm surprised that no one mentioned it as a newer band to check out, but look into Denial from Mexico. They were talked about a bit last year (plus I consider Catacombs of the Grotesque to be one of the best albums from last year) and I think you would enjoy it a bit. What drew me in is how Finnish it sounded. Additionally, look into Vacant Coffin as a newer band that you might appreciate.

As far as older stuff that has been reissued, I agree with Justin that you should go for Convulse's World Without God. I wanted to stick to mentioning bands who haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, but I think it's just something you need to do. On top of that, the reissue of Nirvana 2002's 1989-1991 recordings would be ideal for you (since you listed Entombed). You might dig Purtenance, too.

Last thing: it's not related to anything you listed, but give Human Remains and Impaled a listen just because I love them so much! You're my friend, right?
Chad wrote:Idget child might be the worst poster here though...
CHUFFED beyond necropsy
Ethos Musick

Post by CHUFFED beyond necropsy »

Embalmer (of hat fame)

Most other stuff i would have said has been already.
Incalculably stupid, i trust you'll agree.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Korpse - Revirgin and Pull the Flood - But mostly Revirgin.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
HeyWard
DO THE DEW!

Post by HeyWard »

Idget Child wrote:
HeyWard wrote: I really wanna check out Funerbarum (sp?), a session player of theirs is in Mind Eraser, and he just did his own 3-banger ep and it fucking rules. Innumerable Forms-Dark Worship.
You should definitely get on Funebrarum, but that's a pretty crappy reason for wanting to do so...

I'm surprised that no one mentioned it as a newer band to check out, but look into Denial from Mexico. They were talked about a bit last year (plus I consider Catacombs of the Grotesque to be one of the best albums from last year) and I think you would enjoy it a bit. What drew me in is how Finnish it sounded. Additionally, look into Vacant Coffin as a newer band that you might appreciate.

As far as older stuff that has been reissued, I agree with Justin that you should go for Convulse's World Without God. I wanted to stick to mentioning bands who haven't been mentioned in this thread yet, but I think it's just something you need to do. On top of that, the reissue of Nirvana 2002's 1989-1991 recordings would be ideal for you (since you listed Entombed). You might dig Purtenance, too.

Last thing: it's not related to anything you listed, but give Human Remains and Impaled a listen just because I love them so much! You're my friend, right?
I never gave Impaled a chance, but I will for you, friend. :lhug:

Human Remains have long held a place in my heart.

Tony Twist
Elitist Prick

Post by Tony Twist »

I've been on a pretty big Human Remains binge this past week myself. Fuckin' love that band.
You Killed Jesus
Keep it thick...

Post by You Killed Jesus »

riley-o wrote:cryptopsy's "none so vile" (people seem to hate it all of a sudden which i don't understand at all)
think it's kind of a "I liked it back in high school but I'm so over it now :roll: " type deal with people hating that album