The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Dark Souls Thread

Post by guardianoftheblind »

in anor londo, almost to O&S i believe.

i dunno what the general consensus is, but anor londo has been a relative piece of cake so far. i even did the knight sniper ramp part first try

not looking forward to the boss though
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: :tup: break a leg..
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I love hearing about how easy this game is from people playing it two years after the fact and every aspect of the game has been discussed and dissected to the point where the best strategies are known and available for every single difficult part.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

hey all i did was take my time and lure enemies out one at a time. take it slow and backstab

i got lucky with the sniper part cause i inched my way down that ramp and i just barely saw the two winged demon thingies. i tried, stupidly, to take them out at the same time and got my ass handed to me. second time i aggro'd them and went back up the ramp and faced with with my shield up. one of the dumbass fucken things lunged at my and fell off the tower, so i just scrubbed the next guy. i studied the ramp up to the snipers and figured if i ran up, i could hide behind the tower halfway up so i did and i timed my run up the second part so that when i got to the top hopefully i could fight the dude on the right before i got killed by the dude on the left. when i got close, i knew he would pull out his sword but what i didnt know was that my first block sent his dumbass flying off the edge. i was scared of getting hit by arrows from the other, so i followed the path around the building and i saw a balcony and that was that
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

sounds like a lot of luck and artificial difficulty.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

me and solaire - O&S 2nd try

sif - solo first try

silver knight sword and shield +5 rapes
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

hell yeah, the silver knight sword is a brutal weapon. if you're going with a dex character, or even a str/dex mix, definitely head down into the catacombs for the great scythe and give it a try. high dex scaling, bleed damage, and the move set has some devastating overhead attacks and good side-to-side swipes for crowd control. you can almost hit stuff behind you. it got me from the catacombs in my first playthrough all the way to NG+++ or wherever i'm at now
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i'll be sure to get it

i have an uchi +10 and a balder +10 right now, i want to keep one at +14 and make another a fire or lightning i just dunno
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Balder side sword forever
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

so i should make a fire or lighnting uchi and a +15 balder?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I would reinforce the Balder to 14 or 15 for the grade A dex bonus. You could upgrade to one of the elemental paths if you want depending on your build but you might lost the dex bonus, just depends what you're going for.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

IIRC lightning, fire and chaos weapons always remove stat scaling, and the bonus lightning/fire damage they add usually isn't as much as you'd get from stat scaling if your str/dex is already somewhat high.

but trying to remember when and if it's better to stick with normal or elemental weapons is next to impossible without the wiki handy, so make what seems cool
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i think dex scaling will win everytime
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, that's what i went with for my main character and i don't regret it at all. and even though they sorta nerfed the bow damage overall in dark souls compared to demon's souls, you can still get really high dex scaling with most of them, so that's another bonus. oh yeah, and you can cast shit a lot faster. dex rules
caldwell.the.great
San Dimas High school football rules!

Post by caldwell.the.great »

holy shit this game
Necrometer wrote:fucking scientists
"you can't eat a sandwich with a clenched fist."
"I wish it was programmed to feel pain....I'd like to teach Watson a lesson in street knowledge....."
http://laughtrack.wordpress.com
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

I've been using a +15 Great Club which has an A str. scale, with 50 str. for a while. I can usually kill most normal characters in 1 or 2 hits with a jump attack or backstab. PVP is no good though, because I'm just too too slow. I've also got a maxed out Pyromancy flame, but again, it's usually too slow.

By the way, Xbox Live is having a 50% off sale this week on Dark Souls, and the DLC Artorias of the Abyss. I'm done killing all of the NPC's and bosses on the first playthrough, and was just about to fight Gwyn. If I buy the DLC tonight, does anyone know if I have to wait to play it until NG+?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Jerrod wrote:I've been using a +15 Great Club which has an A str. scale, with 50 str. for a while. I can usually kill most normal characters in 1 or 2 hits with a jump attack or backstab. PVP is no good though, because I'm just too too slow. I've also got a maxed out Pyromancy flame, but again, it's usually too slow.
i used a +14 great club and +15 demon's greataxe for my second character, which i used to tackle the DLC, and yeah... totally slayed most enemies, but some of the fast bosses in the DLC were basically impossible with those weapons at my skill level. and i was terrible at PVP. if you don't lock onto enemies you can redirect your swings super late and make up for enemies jumping around, but it's tough.

and speaking of the DLC, yeah, you can to access it up until the very end of the game (but not before getting the lordvessel, for future playthroughs).
Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Jerrod wrote:I've been using a +15 Great Club which has an A str. scale, with 50 str. for a while. I can usually kill most normal characters in 1 or 2 hits with a jump attack or backstab. PVP is no good though, because I'm just too too slow. I've also got a maxed out Pyromancy flame, but again, it's usually too slow.
i used a +14 great club and +15 demon's greataxe for my second character, which i used to tackle the DLC, and yeah... totally slayed most enemies, but some of the fast bosses in the DLC were basically impossible with those weapons at my skill level. and i was terrible at PVP. if you don't lock onto enemies you can redirect your swings super late and make up for enemies jumping around, but it's tough.

and speaking of the DLC, yeah, you can to access it up until the very end of the game (but not before getting the lordvessel, for future playthroughs).

Crap. I just beat Gwyn.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

wow. this game gets significantly easier with better gear. i know it sounds stupid but it's almost like a normal game at points. tomb of giants gave me fits and the dukes archives are not a cake walk by any means, but fuck, you can literally play nito like a regular enemy and circle around behind him. 1st try. what a pussy
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

wait until you get to new game+. :mastoman:
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

FUCKING FAGGOT CLAM ASSHOLES BEFORE SEATH
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Just run past them
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

Start a new play through. Spend 6 hours getting to Santuary Gardens. Playing Dex all poison weapons. Want Dark Silver Tracer. Kill Artoris. Wait for bitch to show up with my money. Visit bonfire, use Artoris soul for leveling up. Realize my mistake. Quit game. New play through.

Dark Souls is brutal is so many ways
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Hahaha oof that sucks