Big & Beautiful Thread of Sizeisms

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Big & Beautiful Thread of Sizeisms

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote:shit, I had assumed PCOS was caused by obesity, not the other way around :idea:
Isn't that pretty much what that article says, though? They're being a little coy about it, but basically it says high insulin leads to PCOS, so stop eating too much sugar.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Bah, looking closer, I think you're right. My genetics caused my sugar addiction caused PCOS caused my obesity :arrow: damn you, PCOS!
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

a classic case of mitochondrion v. mitochondriyawn
After contacting thousands of families in Finland, they came across 16 such pairs of identical adult twins, six male and 10 female. Once they got them into a lab and began testing, half of the obese twins quickly stood out.

“The first thing that popped out was when we looked at the amount of fat stored in their livers,” Dr. Naukkarinen said. “There was a significant difference.”

The 16 pairs were split evenly into two groups. In both, the average weight difference between the siblings was about 40 pounds. But in one group, the obese siblings had higher blood pressure, worse cholesterol levels and poorer measures of blood sugar and insulin production, as well as seven times the amount of fat in their livers. In the other group, the obese twins’ blood work and liver fat was similar to that of their lean twins.

Extensive tests of each person’s fat tissue revealed some other surprises. The healthy obese had 11 percent more adipocytes, or fat cells, in their subcutaneous fat tissue than their normal weight twins. But the unhealthy obese had 8 percent fewer fat cells than their leaner siblings, despite a higher body fat percentage.

The fat cells of the unhealthy obese were larger than those of any other group. They were swollen and riddled with inflammation.
even their fat cells are fat Image
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Is it that these fats got fat so fast (fatst?) that certain functions couldn't notice and haven't caught up?
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:Is it that these fats got fat so fast (fatst?) that certain functions couldn't notice and haven't caught up?
I'd say its more along the lines of the "healthy obese" people are compensating better than the standard obese. I also agree with the article that there is probably a spectrum for metabolic tolerance.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:Is it that these fats got fat so fast (fatst?) that certain functions couldn't notice and haven't caught up?
this is a fine idea but the data suggest otherwise - the average BMI of the two obese twin groups is similar... if your thing was right, then I'd expect the healthier ones to be less fat or younger or something... or maybe that's shitty reasoning. I guess we don't know if the healthy ones got fat more recently, which would better get at your question

oh, they actually address that in the article:
Metabolically healthy obesity is found more frequently among younger adults, as a large study in the journal Diabetes Care demonstrated in August. There is growing evidence that it may be a transition state, and that if followed long enough, some, if not many, people in this category will eventually develop the expected metabolic disturbances.

That study followed several thousand Australians for up to a decade, about 12 percent of whom were initially deemed metabolically healthy obese. “We found that about a third of these people progressed down the road to being metabolically unhealthy,” said Sarah Appleton, a research fellow at the University of Adelaide. “Metabolically healthy obesity may essentially be a transient state.”
not looking too great for the "healthy fats" Image

anyone can download the paper as a zip, I think... http://www.diabetologia-journal.org/fil ... arinen.zip
Last edited by Necrometer on Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

those people have lower blood pressure than I do :cry:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/i ... -youre-fat

move over slaves and jews, fattwinks are literally the most oppressed people ever
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

"you're allowed to delude yourself into insane zones where hideous shapes are attractive...and she's done it."
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

My favorite part is how he admits he was never really picked on for being gay - if he'd ever actually experienced homophobia, he probably wouldn't equate fat-shaming with it so readily.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

to be fair, at least shepard died thin. he may have been tortured to death but this guy is fat, which is literally a fate worse than death
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i'm only halfway done with that fb socratic dialogue and my sides are already in pain from giggling too hard. :awesome:

stay within your field
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

That and blaming the government for making high caloric substances available that fat people enjoy stuffing down their gob.

Also: "hfcs was introduce in the early 90s and diebeties never existed before hfcs was introduced"

This bullshit represents probably 98% of all fat fuck nutritional knowledge base.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

He has interceptors in his brain, guys. Can't blame him.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Gunther
Forum Administrator

Post by Gunther »

oh my god
Black Jacques wrote:Gordon Lightfoot looks like he was freubds with ghengus John.
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

i'm thinking she might not be telling the truth
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

I think I see an Eskimo canoe in the distance.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Zap Rowsdower wrote:Image
I'm gay now :shock: :(
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES