The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by a world of no »

awesome. thanks for the replies. sale on steam, and whatnot. dlc as well.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:Caved in and impulse-downloaded SSF4 today.
Holy shit this game rules.

I know, hot now, welcome to three years ago, etc.

But holy shit this game rules.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

a world of no wrote:awesome. thanks for the replies. sale on steam, and whatnot. dlc as well.
Depending on your computer specs, go here: http://enbdev.com/download_en.htm and download his files for it. It removes a lot of the ugly the game has going for it.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

So I played and beat AC Revelations (paid $17) two to three days after getting it, and I've already collected everything. That's a shame, the 2nd game was massive and took a good chunk of time. Also Ubisoft and Sony dropping the ball with the Signature Edition add ons, as in its in my transaction history but not active in the game. Also, the people playing online are still terrible and run around the whole game. I was the only person in the game with over 2,000 points, that's pathetic!
Anyway when I get another Gamestop card due to one of my Christmas presents not working, I'm getting Skyrim! I need a game that'll keep my unemployed, chiropractor seeking ass busy and not bored.

Oh and to the guys who play Dead Space 2, if you were good at the multiplayer when tons of people played it, you'll be even more amazing now against noobs. I haven't played it for months, and then I played 4 rounds and my team sweeped the enemy! It was a nice feeling tearing them up as a Puker again.
PSN- BroMan43
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote:
THE KILL wrote:
Yeah, I have that for the iPhone/iTouch. I really liked ESP something or other by CAVE when I played it on MAME years ago.
Don't want to be a smartass, but there's only the normal version for the Iphone, whereas only really hip people get to play the Black Label and Ketsuipachi versions as they only play on Japanese Xboxes :wank: but yeah, Cave makes awesome shooters. Actually, there are two Cave games for the Xbox that don't have regional coding (Mushihimesama Futari and ESP Galuda 2 - both are available on EBay for under 50 bucks including shipping), so if you're into ultra-brutal fast and frantic stuff, get those. The replay value of these games is ridiculous, I've been playing both of them for years and still am still getting better.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

spacehamster wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Caved in and impulse-downloaded SSF4 today.
Holy shit this game rules.

I know, hot now, welcome to three years ago, etc.

But holy shit this game rules.
You'll be surprised at how much more it rules with a good stick...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: You'll be surprised at how much more it rules with a good stick...
No, I wouldn't. I'm still cursing the 360 controller everytime I play it, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm missing... I just still don't know if I should get an arcade stick for the 360 or just buy the PS3 version off of Amazon for like 20 bux and not worry about getting a stick because the PS3 controller has an actual functioning d-pad. I've actually switched to using the analog stick on the 360 controller now, and while it basically feels like playing with a dick in my mouth, it's a fucksight more reliable than the d-pad.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:
THE KILL wrote: You'll be surprised at how much more it rules with a good stick...
No, I wouldn't. I'm still cursing the 360 controller everytime I play it, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly what I'm missing... I just still don't know if I should get an arcade stick for the 360 or just buy the PS3 version off of Amazon for like 20 bux and not worry about getting a stick because the PS3 controller has an actual functioning d-pad. I've actually switched to using the analog stick on the 360 controller now, and while it basically feels like playing with a dick in my mouth, it's a fucksight more reliable than the d-pad.

Do you have the original version of the 360 wireless controller? Because the new version of the controller has a much better D-pad.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Get a stick, spacehamster. I don't even like fighting games and there's no way in hell I'd play one with either the 360 or PS3 controller.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:Get a stick, spacehamster. I don't even like fighting games and there's no way in hell I'd play one with either the 360 or PS3 controller.
The thing is, I've played fighting games with d-pads my entire life all the way back to SFII on the Super Nintendo, so I'm really fine with it as long as it's a decent d-pad.

Krieg, I do have an old controller, or at least I think so. Are you talking about the ones with the d-pad that pops out? If those really are significantly better, it's worth considering, I guess. Although in the end I'll probably just cave and shell out the retarded amount of money for the arcade stick.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

By the way, is the online dead or do I need this arcade edition DLC thingamajing? I've never been able to find anyone to kick my butt.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote: Krieg, I do have an old controller, or at least I think so. Are you talking about the ones with the d-pad that pops out? If those really are significantly better, it's worth considering, I guess. Although in the end I'll probably just cave and shell out the retarded amount of money for the arcade stick.
The new controller has a much better d-pad but it is still not perfect, and since you sound really picky about it I am not sure you will be satisfied with it. They are not that expensive anymore, I think something around 35 EUR including the charging kit. If you do not like it you will have an extra controller to play with friends when they come over. If you have any friends.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fuck it, I'll just buy an arcade stick. My eyes water just looking at how much they cost but eh.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Jesus, but Skyriim is all consuming. I don't even really want to bother starting a PC shooter to go along with it. I'm afraid I'm going to find a game like Sin utterly boring comparatively. Besides, I don't have the time.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:I really, really like Resistance 3.
Care to elaborate? The demo seriously put me to sleep.

Speaking of games we really, really like, I seriously think I'm gonna postpone Arkham City until February because SFIV is all I'm going to need for a while. It's like my Street Fighter II addiction way back when all over again. Fucking awesome.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

ugh i ordered the MGS collection over 3 weeks ago from what i know NOW is a shady seller on barnes and noble (i had a gift card).

i emailed b&n about it and they told me if i don't get it in another week they'll sort it all out.

i just wanna plaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay it :(
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

arkham city and revelations is sitting in my mailbox. can't wait to get home. just have to finish arkham asylum.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: I don't really know HOW to judge FPS. I know I don't like Call of Duty and the rest, I know I thought Rage had awesome playing mechanics but was a lame story and was too focused on a very mock open world, for instance. I guess I liked Dead Space and Bioshock-- and those are FPS. Maybe I just like Sci-FI? Shrug.
Uh, Dead Space isn't an FPS.

Anyway, I guess the reason I'm asking is because there's something about the feel and the aesthetic of the Resistance games that makes me really want to like them, but I've played the PSP one for a bit and the demo for 3, and they just don't do anything for me, and for very similar reasons despite being fairly different games.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I liked the feel of the weapons, the health pack system and the game had really good pacing. Multiplayer was ok too. Say for 20 dollars or a rental you can't go wrong.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Wang Mandu wrote:Image
haha, people in MMOs are weeners.
I have to completely turn off general chat in that game.

All children, I swear.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Children and the worst kind of nerds.

Game rules butt though.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:you can have more than 2 guns.
I don't understand the obsession with this. I guess I'm the only person on the planet who thought it was silly that you could carry around an entire arsenal in Doom. Oh well.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:you can have more than 2 guns.
I don't understand the obsession with this. I guess I'm the only person on the planet who thought it was silly that you could carry around an entire arsenal in Doom. Oh well.
Well, when they're boring guns, yeah who cares. But in this game you have normal shotgun/rifle/pistol... then get a gun that freezes people and another one that MAKES YOU ENEMIES VOMIT TO DEATH. :moreawesome:

So in this case i want all the guns i can get.
I'd really like to play this next. Yet, anytime I have time to play, Skyriim just calls me a jackass for touching another game and DEMANDS I continue to play it instead. I'm thinking of selling back by beloved Oblivion and Fallout 3 now, since Skyriim just ups that bar way too high.