The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

james wrote:I'm fucking freaking out over Metal Slug lately. I was dicking around with a Neo Geo emulator on my DS and dropped an original ROM of MS2 on there to test it. I hadn't realized it, but until now, I've only ever played odd ports of MS games; I've never actually played the original games. This shit is amazing! I can't believe I've been sleeping on this stuff. Fuck they are HARD though!
Dude I've got the anthology for Wii and it rules so freaking hard. #3 is just so intensely awesome. I can get every prisoner on the first 5 levels or something. It completely owned my life for a few months.
No Cunting Elves
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

dlin that right now :tup:

these crazy sprites!!!
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

:(

need pc sk'rim
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Anyone else check out the twisted metal demo on psn?

That shit is fucking hard.
i like to dissect women
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Schwartz wrote:Did MGS:4 drastically change the controls because I'm sucking farts over here and it's very depressing
yeah it did. in fact mgs4 is stupid easy because the controls actually work like one would expect a modern game to control
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

abdominalpillaging wrote:Anyone else check out the twisted metal demo on psn?

it took just about everything in me to figure out the controls

glad i preordered it :|
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

really because I feel like I'm playing silent hill or RE and dying horrible terrifying deaths as it seems I'm helpless to do anything but I just started. I'm used to feeling like the deadliest person on the planet when playing MGS but it feels foreign to me so far
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

kickpuncher wrote:

I had played 1 and 2 to death on ps1. The first one was one of the main reasons I wanted a ps1 when they came out. First game I ever bought on release day. But having played those I was somewhat familiar with the controls. But looking at the controller map out in options is fucking intimidating. It's going to be tough for even semi regular gamers to get the hang of. Game seems cool though. Just a straight up, skill based deathmatch hasn't come out in awhile. Unfortunately I'm one of the many affected by the not being able to play online bug. The ai in the single player challenge is merciless though. I've not gotten more than 2 kills before dying yet.
i like to dissect women
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Anyone know if you can play japanese imports on an american Sega Saturn? Or if there's any way to chip it to do so? I really want to play the saturn version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

for the price of chipping an american saturn you could probably just import a japanese one. i would always see them at used shops going for $20-50.
fecal flakes
Certified False.

Post by fecal flakes »

Anyone get the new Dead Island DLC?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Got Arkham City today, came home, realized the PS store is down and I can't redeem the Catwoman code. lol.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Anyone know if you can play japanese imports on an american Sega Saturn? Or if there's any way to chip it to do so? I really want to play the saturn version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.
MY GIRLFRIEND imported a Japanese Saturn to play some imported Slayers game, if I'm not mistaken. It's either that or that big giant memory card you plug in the back can render it regionless. I will ask.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wormholegenerator
The 7000 Club

Post by Wormholegenerator »

Friendly Goatus wrote:Anyone know if you can play japanese imports on an american Sega Saturn? Or if there's any way to chip it to do so? I really want to play the saturn version of Castlevania: Symphony of the Night.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-k8- ... 0-1b2.html

Edit: On a side note I've gotten this emulator to play just about every saturn rom I threw at it http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/saturn/ssf.html
Last edited by Wormholegenerator on Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Got Arkham City today, came home, realized the PS store is down and I can't redeem the Catwoman code. lol.
Fuck it.

I actually now wish I had a way to take it off. Her missions mostly suck.
Yeah, well, maybe, but I still want to play them. I did play a bit past the tutorial earlier today, but as soon as I can get the CW stuff, I'm starting over.

I just think this is a fine example of why this code bullshit is, uh, bullshit. I can't play parts of the fucking game I've paid for because Sony's shitty-ass online service is down again? Great. Just fucking great.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

i was actually annoyed by the end of the game that i had to do the catwoman levels. they fucking suck so bad and actually disrupt the flow of the game.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
BroMan
Hetero as hell...

Post by BroMan »

abdominalpillaging wrote:
kickpuncher wrote:

I had played 1 and 2 to death on ps1. The first one was one of the main reasons I wanted a ps1 when they came out. First game I ever bought on release day. But having played those I was somewhat familiar with the controls. But looking at the controller map out in options is fucking intimidating. It's going to be tough for even semi regular gamers to get the hang of. Game seems cool though. Just a straight up, skill based deathmatch hasn't come out in awhile. Unfortunately I'm one of the many affected by the not being able to play online bug. The ai in the single player challenge is merciless though. I've not gotten more than 2 kills before dying yet.
I know right?! Thankfully playing against people isn't as hard as the AI. Nuke mode is pretty fun, its just I keep forgetting which fires my main guns and what's my secondary even with the Race controls selected. Oddest controls, but fun and thank you Sony for the custom soundtrack even if the in game music isn't bad.
PSN- BroMan43
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I'm fucking stoked for the game, but yeah that shit is brutal. In a good way. Just means I need to get used to the controls again.
I just hope they have a Paris level. :p
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:
riley-o wrote:i was actually annoyed by the end of the game that i had to do the catwoman levels. they fucking suck so bad and actually disrupt the flow of the game.
Yup. Just totally tacked on. And have you revisiting places you've already been.
with less and shittier abilities. trying to get around the city with her stupid whip/lack of cape float is just painful
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Action replays will work for different region games.

Why do you want to play that though? It's kinda garbage.
i like to dissect women
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

yes no maybe so?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

riley-o wrote:i was actually annoyed by the end of the game that i had to do the catwoman levels. they fucking suck so bad and actually disrupt the flow of the game.
Oh good. I remember someone complaining abut them which is why I haven't put in the code yet. Guess I won't!
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Thanks for the info, guys.
abdominalpillaging wrote:
Action replays will work for different region games.

Why do you want to play that though? It's kinda garbage.
I want to play the extra content that wasn't in the PS version.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:
Oh good. I remember someone complaining abut them which is why I haven't put in the code yet. Guess I won't!
What's worse than the Catwoman parts is the game isn't even as good as Arkham City.
Pisscubes wrote:Edit: Holy SHIT-- it's only about a month until Mass Effect 3 comes out??? FUCK. There goes my life.
Getting stoked for what is shaping up to be The Room: In Space. Don't let me down, Bioware.

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Traded in Battlefield 3 and Uncharted 3 for this fella today. Going to trade in mw3 for credit towards the silent hill hd collection too. March 6th is going to rule.