The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Comrade Slinky »

It was brief but I think I liked the bit on the plane the most. It just kept escalating.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

The Schwartz wrote:The part of the boat I hated the most was when you hit the ballroom right before it starts to sink and you just have swarms of people entering a small room that the basic cover and fire system UC has pretty much does no good. And I'm not just bitching because it was difficult or anything it's just so fucking unnecessary in all 3 of the games because the shootouts for the most part suck and not the reason why anyone plays the game. I also find that the difficulty aspects that they try to put in as to where you are getting rockets shot at your face while some other guy on a turret is shooting you while being surrounded by 30 pirates who keep respawning is a bunch of bullshit. It's just an annoyance and a lazy way to slow you down and make it more challenging
Oh if you mean the part where the piano is with the 3 guys in the balcony, I completely agree. I fucking hated that part. He mumbles "Hmm...might have to sneak up on these guys" or something like that and the only one that you can really stealth kill is the first (way obvious) one. The rest of it was a clusterfuck.

Still, that's one shoothout. I just meant the entire setting from outside the boat, in the rain with the waves and shit...to in vertical, capsizing boat, was all very cool to me. I did think it was a bit silly that it was basically all for nothing though, as Sully wasn't even there. ;)
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Comrade Slinky wrote:I'm definitely in the minority but I found I hated the combat system in The Witcher 2 more than anything, to the point that I actually stopped playing it about halfway through.
reason i quit playing the first one. good to hear 2 is no better. won't play.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

james wrote:http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Just spent about two hours playing this. Very cool. Minimal, and the current demo is sparse/buggy. Much potential here, though, will be following. Tech demo is what I played, small download. Recommended!
Neat. I'll try it out.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

i fully recommend dlin the cracked fullversion off tpb
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Oh if you mean the part where the piano is with the 3 guys in the balcony, I completely agree. I fucking hated that part. He mumbles "Hmm...might have to sneak up on these guys" or something like that and the only one that you can really stealth kill is the first (way obvious) one. The rest of it was a clusterfuck.

Still, that's one shoothout. I just meant the entire setting from outside the boat, in the rain with the waves and shit...to in vertical, capsizing boat, was all very cool to me. I did think it was a bit silly that it was basically all for nothing though, as Sully wasn't even there. ;)
i totally agree... the entire water part of the game was by far my favorite. what was it, chapters 12-15, or 15-17? something like that. i was still let down by the game's level design at certain spots (particularly the rocket guys in the last few chapters) and the plot in general, but i liked that part so much i died on purpose a bunch just to play through it again.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

a world of no wrote:
Comrade Slinky wrote:I'm definitely in the minority but I found I hated the combat system in The Witcher 2 more than anything, to the point that I actually stopped playing it about halfway through.
reason i quit playing the first one. good to hear 2 is no better. won't play.
It's not even like the first game. I remember Slinky had loads of problems installing the game (the joys of PC gaming) but it's been thoroughly patched with a tutorial, a combat arena, fixes, rebalances and control tightening. It plays very differently from the launch version and in April, it'll get another huge free update with 4 hours of content and other refinements they haven't announced. Best game of 2011 and it keeps on giving.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

james wrote:http://projectzomboid.com/blog/

Just spent about two hours playing this. Very cool. Minimal, and the current demo is sparse/buggy. Much potential here, though, will be following. Tech demo is what I played, small download. Recommended!

Tried the demo today.

I was cooking soup and the whining ball and chain upstairs turned on the radio; so I hit fast forward (to get the fucking dialogue over and done with!) and managed to set the kitchen and myself on fire. When I ran upstairs to check on the wife her bed was on fire and she was gone. Than I burned to death while trying to dunk myself in the toilet.

This just may be the successor to Dwarf Fortress in my heart.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

spacehamster wrote:No Catwoman for Me, next episode:
Fuck it. The PSN store is still not working correctly, it's the weekend and I've had a new game for three fucking days now that I want to play. No Catwoman for me, end of discussion.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

I am kind of addicted to the twisted metal demo even though I know it's not good
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

and MGS:4 - fart jokes and octopi
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

SIMPSONS ARCADE GAME COMING TO XBLA FUCK
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

guardianoftheblind wrote:SIMPSONS ARCADE GAME COMING TO XBLA FUCK
oh good. XBLA planning to ruin another wonderful game memory. i should just not play it, those fucking ports are never the same :(
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

http://www.gamespot.com/the-simpsons-ar ... w-6349795/

If you have cherished memories of playing The Simpsons Arcade Game, keep holding on to them and ignore this port.

:awesome:
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

hahhaha all I hear are horror stories about xbla ports

I have no firsthand experience with any of it so it could all easily be hypersensitive dork shit but man dawg, yo
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Blair wrote:I was cooking soup and the whining ball and chain upstairs turned on the radio; so I hit fast forward (to get the fucking dialogue over and done with!) and managed to set the kitchen and myself on fire. When I ran upstairs to check on the wife her bed was on fire and she was gone. Than I burned to death while trying to dunk myself in the toilet.

This just may be the successor to Dwarf Fortress in my heart.
Very glad you enjoyed it!
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

james wrote:Very glad you enjoyed it!
I'm now using the modded map that has the Resident Evil Mansion.

My current shirtless Billie Dee Williams looking construction worker has managed to survive 11-13 days.

He was queasy and getting sicker and I was sure he was going to die; I holed up in my safehouse and ate a ton of junk food, popped a ton of every pill, drank whiskey, slept for days....

...and he somehow survived after getting the "you will die soon" message.

However, for some reason, the barricade hammer sound won't stop looping!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Looks like Arkham City is the second open world game after Infamous that I'm liking. It's damn near impossible to walk two steps without tripping over another sidequest, and thanks to the writing and the voice acting... I always want to do all of them at once. Plus the environment is beyond fucking awesome. So yeah. Good game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Wang Mandu wrote:http://www.gamespot.com/the-simpsons-ar ... w-6349795/

If you have cherished memories of playing The Simpsons Arcade Game, keep holding on to them and ignore this port.

:awesome:
That quote is misleading - it seems they did the port perfectly, but out of context it sounds like there's a problem other than the misleading power of nostalgia for childhood shit.

He's really on-point with the actual two-decades-late review of the game, all the way down to the overload of Life is Hell references. He dinged the mechanics, but I don't think he gave props to the awesome "MOVE ALONG" gloved pointing-finger hand that would actually attack you if you stood around too long :lol:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Haha what

This is not promising... I'll probably still play it though.
The night is dark and full of cash-ins.
:lol:
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

TheDOAD wrote:Best game of 2012????

Please let it have the same system for cheaply wiping out the competition that excitebike had...
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

so this....thing... comes out on wednesday on PSN for a cool 15 bucks and is basically said to be team fortress with batman influences and people who have been playing the beta say its actually pretty fun

I on the otherhand am very skeptical but it does look kind of fun I guess...

james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Hawken beta - sign up and fight giant robots. Hurry hurry quick quick gentlemen.

https://www.playhawken.com/?ref=fciz3wgh

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Friendly Goatus wrote:This is not promising... I'll probably still play it though.
As a huge fan of janky Euro rpgs, I won't play this even if I can get it for less than $5.

Hawken looks cool and I believe is going to be free to play. :tup:
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

Pisscubes wrote:Replaying Arkham CIty again. The game was a grower. I think it's awesome.

One big complaint I have now-- and it's a silly one cause, hey, just don't use it-- but I don't like that they've have the ballistic armor. You upgrade that shit quick and suddenly what used to be edge of your seat stealth stuff-- in Arkham Asylum, you get shot, it means something-- is now just a brawler. You can take a good deal of fire once you get your ballistic armor up there and it lessens the fear and joy of the stealth sections. Again, I know-- then just don't upgrade it-- but I still think it's a flaw.
I just finished arkham asylum, and now loving Arkham City. I see what you mean. I upgraded my ballistic right away. guess I should have balanced the upgrades.