The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

I'll play anything for $3. The combat in Dark Messiah is better than Skyrim's.

God of War: Ascension demo :pizza:
A fucking commercial for a television show and a video of the project lead before you even get to the main menu :nopizza:

It looks pretty and that's about it. Five games and I think I'm all God of War'd out. The combat is too dumb and too slow after Metal Gear Rising. The music sucks, the enemies are uninspired and I can't imagine how stupid the story will be. I feel like I have already fought the demo boss numerous times in the previous games.
The story behind God of War: Ascension tells the journey of Kratos' redemption from his past sins and the rise of his rage to break free from Ares' bond.
Isn't this basically the plot of God of War I?

I think the only game I'm really looking forward to in the next few months is Bioshock: Infinite. But, that $60 price tag is a turn-off. Resident Evil 6 is only $40 on release for PC. :oops:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I have Microsoft points to spare so I bought that El Shaddai for $2.99 and Tomb Raider : Legends for $4.99. Never played a Tomb Raider game, and I vaguely remember this is one of the better ones.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Playing Crysis 3 overloads my UPS. I'm... yeah.

Anyway, finished it on Posthuman today. The second time around, the fact that it's nearly as buggy as C2 kinda stands out more. The AI seems to be more consistent, but there's problems with the weapons not showing, ammo counter being off and button prompts not displaying correctly again. Oh well. I forgave C2 for it, so whatever. I can just barely resist the urge to fire it up for another playthrough, and I haven't played anything else since Friday.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

spacehamster wrote:Playing Crysis 3
My Crysis 3 disc (for X360) is fucking damaged, fuck that shit. It was 10pm, everyone was sleeping, I had a wine buzz, all was silent, perfect mood, I put the disc on the crapbox and it started stuttering from the first moment. I tried to copy it to the HD and it failed twice. Fuck that shit, discs are dead, let me download all my shit you assholes.

So I started playing Metal Gear Raiden Gayness and holy shit, I expected nothing from the game because I did not think a slasher could fit in the franchise but they really make it work, at least for the 90 minutes I played. It is still a Metal Gear game, it is a button smashing fest which I don't normally like but it is fun, QTE everywhere which I dislike as well but it is fun and I can't stop laughing every time I see Raiden's high heels.

The cut scenes are not long enough :ax:
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Played new God of War demo.

On one hand. don't fuck with classic.

On the other? Shit man, it really IS just the exact same game as 3. And in fact at least the demo for 3 had a couple new things in it.

It's certainly not bad. It's more God of War. But... I guess I wanted SOMETHING new-- even it's just some small things?
There are some subtle combat differences like the rage meter, picking up throwaway weapons and latching a chain on an enemy but overall just....meh. I guess the magic is different too. Hard to play an underpowered Kratos after being a fully powered killer through 5 games.

Just buy Metal Gear Rising instead, Pisscubes. I know my shilling for that game is getting annoying but I can't help it. :oops:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Krieg wrote:. It is still a Metal Gear game, it is a button smashing fest which I don't normally like but it is fun, QTE everywhere which I dislike as well but it is fun and I can't stop laughing every time I see Raiden's high heels.

The cut scenes are not long enough :ax:
:ylt: Don't be a little girl Krieg, play on Hard. I actually didn't mind the QTEs because the onscreen actions correlate to the button presses and you do some pretty cool stuff in the process. Parry parry parry!

I heard there are 540 unique codec conversations. Wut.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm really not finding Battlefield 3's single player horrible at all. It's no worse than COD, and I don't think the enemies re-spawn, which is much better. Graphics are quite good, to boot. Of course, after Aliens, Daikatana might play like a million bucks.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

definitely with you guys on the GOW demo... there's nothing WRONG with it, but i feel like it's a GOW3 expansion or something. will definitely be passing on it.

fuck it, i'm just getting tomb raider next week. ain't no one gonna stop me
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Isn't the online multiplayer supposed to be the big selling point for the new God Of War anyways?

Not that I'm going to play it, just wondering.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Also I already pre-ordered and paid off Injustice so I'm probably no better than The Bill.

IDC what anyone says that game looks really fun.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Maybe. I'm certainly not going to pay $60, either by purchasing the full game or paying for Playstation+ to find out if it's any good. Was thinking about Tomb Raider but I'll wait for a $10 sale in 6 months.

More The Witcher 3 info....shhheeeeeeeeeiiiiitttt... :mastoman:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
- 36 final states of the world and 3 epilogues (each 1 hour long)

- you can import your save game, but it's not going to change backstory of the game. Still, it will affect characters.

- you can buy horses or tame a wild ones by using Axii

- Geralt will be much more agile. Now he can jump and climb wherever he want.

- a wild animals will appear. Geralt may hunt them and take their furs, claws etc.

- main storyline is 50 hours long

- now people will call the guards, when they see Geralt stealing their stuff

- there is a new mechanic, which is similar to VATS from Fallout 3. You can aim at the specific parts of monsters bodies in slow-mo

- no more QTE

- Geralt now can achieve 60 level max

- PC and console versions have completely different UI

- you gain experience points only by completing quests, hunting will provide you money and crafting materials

- a two new minigames: axe trowing and card games

- economy depends from the area. In some places you can buy something for a lesser price, or sell it for higher price.

- day and night cycle has an impact to certain monsters. Some will have different stats depending on the time you fight them

- there will be secret locations that are only accessible during certain times of day or even during certain weather conditions (a magical door only opening during night or while it rains)

- apparently, Geralt can swim (they mention him taking a boat, because swimming in the ice cold water would freeze him to death)

- improved combat system: a buttonpress is now a single attack, instead of the combo stuff from Witcher 2. The camera will also zoom out during encounters.

- enemies can yield

- the igni sign sets the surroundings on fire

- crafting recipes as in Witcher 2, but it seems you'll be able to use the same crafting recipe with different materials (using dragon scales instead of leather to craft an armor).

- CD Project is currently adding DX 11 effects to the engine and the game will look a lot better when they're done with it.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

You have a PS3 and don't have PS+?

shameful
ImageImageImage
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

milkmandan wrote:You have a PS3 and don't have PS+?

shameful
It's true.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Sell me on it. The free games I've seen advertised, that are only free as long as I maintain a subscription :nopizza: , have been shit.

I also have a 360 and no Xbox Live! :awesome:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

In all these various "Battlefield of Honor of Duty Homefront" games I don't recall ever liking the tank levels. The jet/bomber levels are always fine, especially to break up the on ground FPS monotony. The tanks, though, never like them.
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Also I already pre-ordered and paid off Injustice so I'm probably no better than The Bill.

IDC what anyone says that game looks really fun.

Me too man

Game looks awesome as all fuck

What system you playing on
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I have the pre-order on PS3
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

While the appeal is there to punch Wonder Woman is her smug Amazonian tits, fighting games tend to be too fast paced and over the top for me to ever soak in the full flavor of my misogynistic masturbatory soup. I need a non "cartoony" boxing game where I can jab a cacophonous broad in the baby maker.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I just can't figure out how much contempt I have Quantic Dream despite the fact I love Indigo Prophecy and Hard Rain.

Anyhow, Willem Dafoe is in the new "game"

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/03/01/ ... -announced

Releasing it a month before the ps4 comes out... on ps3. Hm.

Also, still not showing anything on "gameplay" (yeah, I know-- loose term for quantic Dream).
That game's special edition should come with a gumball machine that's in the shape of Dafoe's head.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

The Bill wrote:I'm really not finding Battlefield 3's single player horrible at all. It's no worse than COD, and I don't think the enemies re-spawn, which is much better. Graphics are quite good, to boot. Of course, after Aliens, Daikatana might play like a million bucks.
COD enemies haven't re-spawned since 4
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

guardianoftheblind wrote:
The Bill wrote:I'm really not finding Battlefield 3's single player horrible at all. It's no worse than COD, and I don't think the enemies re-spawn, which is much better. Graphics are quite good, to boot. Of course, after Aliens, Daikatana might play like a million bucks.
COD enemies haven't re-spawned since 4
Good to know. Makes the idea of playing MW3 & Blops2 more tolerable down the line.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i would've considered maybe dropping 20 bones on blops2 just for the lulz but it's on sale for 49.99?? :lol:

no
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

redbox it
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just finished vanquish on hard
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
SHIT
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Finished BF3. Short game, huh? Yeah, it was fine. Story was basically a pre-teen's book report version of a COD title, which in itself feels' like a book for teenagers.

After I beat the game I had no will to start a new one. I've had this problem the last few times actually. Even though it's Friday and I have the hours to spare, I just get tired and lose interest in games, till the following week. I tried to play that El Shawhatever: Metatron game. It's quite the artsy looking game, but I'm afraid it might be pretty boring. Of course, I was lethargic after Battlefield.

What to play next? I might be a bit burnt out on the gun fire.