The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Wang Mandu »

Holy shit. Those little kids redeemed themselves a whole lot. Boom headshot!

Is that pretty much how it goes down in the comic books?
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Spooky Apparition wrote:better than last season's finale IMO

I can't lie... I got a little misty eyed at.... you know :cry:
Meghan? I know, man. We'll have to pick up the pieces during the break.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

That shit was a banger. Zero whine detected from the jame quadrant of sector teevee.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Do we think the babby got gobbled up? I feel like they might pull some reveal where the escapers snatched it up onto the bus somehow? I think I recall a few characters mumbling about her as the shit was hitting the fan...?
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

theres no way that show would let an infant get eaten :lol: :wank:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

:confused: but then what happen babby :confused:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote:theres no way that show would let an infant get eaten :lol: :wank:
I dunno, the first zombie that gets shot in the first episode was the little blonde girl. Plus whatever happened to li'l diaper-shitter happened off camera, which I'd think indicates she's dead and they just made it as explicit as they were willing to.

Anyway, yeah, episode was pretty much fuck yeah from top to bottom. So many satisfying executions.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was about ready to get pissed at the idea of Michonne "leaving the Governor for dead" and leaving it open whether he'd really died until, well, you know. And of course that was much better.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

looked like blood in the car seat.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

The Real MPD wrote:looked like blood in the car seat.
that's what I thought. I'm pretty sure that the baby's dead. I think it'd be pretty pathetic if they found her alive at this point, really.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

did the baby die in the books when the mom died or something?

its not like the blood wasnt completely obvious

im just saying

it takes some real balls to kill an infant like that on one of these shows. off camera or not. they're so precious and deliberate about killing main characters and all that they try to give them these meaningful dignified glorious deaths but then the baby its just there one second and eaten the next? :awesome: :lol:

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Fucking brutal mid season finale - I loved it.

I really hope this doesn't descend into Mk II of "Lori will re-emerge, mark my words"

In the comic (spoiled if you wana read it) -
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Lori and the baby are shot dead when the Govenor and Woodbury army assault the prison. Lilly then shoots the govenor beacuse he made her shoot Lori and the baby.
My money is that is as close to dealing with the baby was eating as they were prepared to go on the comic narrative. I think it makes sense again in comparison to the comic as they changed the whole Michone/Rick torturing to the threat of what the Gov was prepared to do to Michone had he captured her.

Given the situation - I don't think there's a way they could have dealt with the baby dying as a part of the gun battle - Carol's girls that had the baby pulling off bad ass headshots escaped with Tyrese, the baby wasn't on the bus with Glen and Sascha, Hershel's blondie daughter escaped with Daryl, Sasha, alcoholic black dude and Maggie didn't have her and the final scene with Carl and Rick escaping with "Don't look back" tied back into the climax of the comic book prison/Governor story arc. I reckon baby is done for.

If you read the comic
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
This is the part where the phone came into play - I guess we'll be done for that for now - we hook up with Abraham and the guy who claims to be working his way to Washington claiming connections to government and then the cannibal storyline - I'm gonna guess we will loosley follow that over the arc of the second half of season 4 and finish off with the guy that approaches them to join the community that will lead into Neegan storyline in season 5
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

spacehamster wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I was about ready to get pissed at the idea of Michonne "leaving the Governor for dead"
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Or, "leaving the Governor to turn..." like he did Andrea.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Fucking awesome mid season wrap up.

It's possible tyrese and the kids picked up Judith.

And I think the girl who shot the lesbian in the head is the one sacrificing the rodents, and possibly Carol just covered for her.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Fucking awesome mid season wrap up.

And I think the girl who shot the lesbian in the head is the one sacrificing the rodents, and possibly Carol just covered for her.
what would lead you to believe either of those things? rick and carl had a moment about the dead kid already. there was blood on the seat. they fucking broke down. they KNOW that she's dead. they're not going to meet up after the mid-season break and just find that she's ok and someone snatched her. it would just be a tone-deaf move. shit storytelling.

and why that girl? are you just guessing here?
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

That girl is...off.
And the girls are the only ones Carol might cover for.
Tyrese made the comment that the sacrificer was the same person who set the people on fire, and Carol definitely didn't do the sacrifice.

As for Judith, yeah there was blood, but the kids had her last, and it would seem just as weak for them to just abandon her without explanation. Though she wasn't with them when they meet up with tyrese...So who knows.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

elephants gerald wrote:it would just be a tone-deaf move. shit storytelling.
no offense or anything man but

have you seen this show before? :D

I have 8 children.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

elephants gerald wrote:
Necrophilic Mallard wrote:Fucking awesome mid season wrap up.

what would lead you to believe either of those things? rick and carl had a moment about the dead kid already. there was blood on the seat. they fucking broke down. they KNOW that she's dead. they're not going to meet up after the mid-season break and just find that she's ok and someone snatched her. it would just be a tone-deaf move. shit storytelling.

and why that girl? are you just guessing here?
Don't read if you haven't read the comic -
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I think it is the girl as well - I think that girl will kill on of the other kids and then in turn will be killed by Carl in the second half of the season following that line that happens post the prison stuff before the cannibals
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

FVBTVS wrote:

welp

and dd, haven't read the comics...
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

elephants gerald wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:

welp

and dd, haven't read the comics...
I think the baby is dead and that the girl is the budding psycho
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

I think the baby is dead but the only way I can see the baby surviving and there be blood on the carrier is if the kid holding the baby ot bit and wouldnt let go of the carrier and the kids unbuckled the baby cuz the kid being attacked wouldnt let go, while there the kids blood was spurting all over the baby. or something.

Was the buckle on the carrier unbuckled or buckled? that would explain if she is dead or not.
Last edited by Steeb on Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal

Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Is it buckled or unbuckled? I cant really tell. I think its unbuckled. No zombie is gonna tear a seatbelt or know how to unbuckle it.

a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Comic spoilers of shit that isn't(sort of is) in the show. Maybe worth a look for tv jockeys.
http://www.toplessrobot.com/2010/11/15_ ... _see_o.php
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

what a bunch of angsty horseshit this was

michonne's boyfriend was going on, wondering what surviving was even about. I think the show doesn't know either. this is barely about anything anymore. just lots of fucking whining.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Steeb wrote:Image
Is it buckled or unbuckled? I cant really tell. I think its unbuckled. No zombie is gonna tear a seatbelt or know how to unbuckle it.
Seeing as the baby wasn't sitting up yet and not ever being driven anywhere - I don't see why the kids holding her would have strapped her in.

Also as a parent - I would be pretty worried about that amount of blood on the seat.

I haven't watched the new one til I get home from work in a few hours but I'm keen!
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

elephants gerald wrote:what a bunch of angsty horseshit this was

michonne's boyfriend was going on, wondering what surviving was even about. I think the show doesn't know either. this is barely about anything anymore. just lots of fucking whining.
Yeah, I made the mistake of watching this after True Detective today and the difference in quality is staggering. I'll probably keep watching this just because but Michonne's acting was horrendous and fuck all happened.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

yeah. I knew I should have watched them in the opposite order, but I didn't really want to wait to see true detective