The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Anyone else playing The Old Republic?
Nerding out hardcore on this!
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I'm still waiting on my early access whatever.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Just make sure you don't say naughty words on EA's forums (or someone else use curse words while quoting your post). Your Origin account will get permanently banned, including access to all your games.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
fallbacktostone
Sweet Lord _______

Post by fallbacktostone »

Wang Mandu wrote:Just make sure you don't say naughty words on EA's forums (or someone else use curse words while quoting your post). Your Origin account will get permanently banned, including access to all your games.
:theylive:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

In defense of EA, they're not called naughty words for nothing.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Anyone else playing The Old Republic?
Nerding out hardcore on this!
Rolling w/ SA Goons on Veela - lvl 10 Smuggler. Good times.
ImageImageImage
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Early access came through, can't play till sunday though. :(
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Hmmm, positive impressions from you guys made me want to check out pricing and everything. Lo and behold, it's not available in my region. I'll wait for it to go f2p.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Wang Mandu wrote:Hmmm, positive impressions from you guys made me want to check out pricing and everything. Lo and behold, it's not available in my region. I'll wait for it to go f2p.
Well, it's Bioware....so while there's no guaranteed success for any MMO these days unless they are WoW, I wouldn't assume that F2P will happen anytime soon.
Basically, all MMOs that are shitty to average go F2P after about a year or two (DnD Online being the first that proved you can save an MMO with that model). So your DC Onlines and your Champions Onlines and Star Trek Onlines and whatnot...those are 1 year games before they hit F2P because they got no userbase.

But Bioware is a AAA developer and they've sunk a SHIT TON of money into this game. They will absolutely not admit failure even if it does fail (which it won't).

Why won't it fail? Look at Star Wars Galaxies. SOE fucked up that game like 5-6 years ago and they only JUST canned the servers for it and took it offline. And I am pretty sure it was subscription-based until the very end. And The Old Republic is a significantly better game than Star Wars Galaxies was ((pre-Combat Upgrade and New game Enhancement, anyway...yes, I pay attention to this shit. Yes, I'm ashamed).

So basically: If you care at all...might as well give it a shot (if you can find a way to get it outside of your region). Because it won't be free anytime soon.

I can testify it's quite fun. The voice acting makes it.
Feels like Mass Effect meets WoW.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

:tup:

good postin
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Thanks ungodlywarlock. Initially, I had no interest in the game but this pretty much being the only KOTOR III we'll ever see has me thinking about it. I might just buy the game (whenever it gets released here), use that first free month, and that'll be that. A subscription fee isn't something I'm too keen on, either. And, Origin ewwwwww.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

I hear ya. And I think you'll probably be satisfied with that. I'm in hardcore nerd mode with it, so they've got my money for awhile.

But even lvl 1-15 is intensely satisfying in the class quest (i.e. the main story for your chosen class). Whatever you pick will definitely give you that KOTOR vibe.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

We can take Blood 2 off my list. The game was pretty buggy, unfortunately. And pretty much bored me about half way through. That's too bad, I had fonder memories of it, but I suppose some games just dont age well. My next PC FPS is going to be Clive Barker's Undying, I think. One of my all time favorites. I would have picked another one but for some damn reason I can't log into Steam. It "Forgot" my password and any passwords that could possibly be it aren't working. What's worse is the secret question answer isn't working either. I may have to actually call these people.

New 360 patch released so I started Skyriim. What a fucking time sink. Lucky that I'm not that huge fan of Dungeons & Dragons type things or else this one would get me in trouble with the Mrs. I know Skyriim has it's own thread but I'll just say this, a troll got super pissed at me for walking near his camp fire so he hit me with his club which caused me to skyrocket into space killing me on the way up. :shock: Don't know if it was a glitch, but it was awesome.

Played more WWE '12. Game is way harder that earlier entries in the series. It's still fun and all, but I think this is it for me and the series, at least for a long time.
Masochrism
I hate your life.

Post by Masochrism »

thats a giant.

and yeah, Skriim got me in trouble with the wife :oops:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:Homefront now 20 dollars.

Still not worth it? What say ye?
Good Lord, that dopey game. I beat it this summer. Very short... and I was thankful for that. Not a bad game, so much, just another COD type of game. The best part was the Half-Life type opening looking out the window of a prison bus, after that, meh.
fecal flakes
Certified False.

Post by fecal flakes »

new Marvel Comics add-ons up on PSN and XBL for Pinball FX 2. X-Men, Ghost Rider, and Thor are pretty bad ass. Not sure why the fuck they did one for Moon Knight.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Pisscubes wrote:Homefront now 20 dollars.

Still not worth it? What say ye?
rental only
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Steam Winter Sale, engage!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

copstache wrote:
milkmandan wrote:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: :fonz:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Finished the PS3 version of the original Crysis today.

Good game, but I kinda have to laugh at the nerdraging about the C2 gameplay with hindsight. They're really basically the same game, except Crysis 2 is paced better. Like, say, it doesn't shove the near-endless interactive cutscene in practically right before the final boss. I also hated that final bossfight with a passion words cannot describe.

So in conclusion, good, but I liked the second one better, no matter how false that is.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Took advantage of some of the Christmas online sales. Bought Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Postal II real cheap.

I didn't really play anything, just goofed around with some of my PC games to make sure they could run at 1080p and in wide screen properly. I'm also trying to decid who takes Blood 2's place as my goto PC game. It's between Sin, Red Faction, and NOLF 2. All three whom I never did beat for various reasons. I think No One Lives Forever 2 contrasts Skyriim best.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:Finished the PS3 version of the original Crysis today.

Good game, but I kinda have to laugh at the nerdraging about the C2 gameplay with hindsight. They're really basically the same game, except Crysis 2 is paced better. Like, say, it doesn't shove the near-endless interactive cutscene in practically right before the final boss. I also hated that final bossfight with a passion words cannot describe.

So in conclusion, good, but I liked the second one better, no matter how false that is.
i love the pre-alien parts in the first one more than anything in the second one because it's almost totally free-form how you approach each situation. but the second game was fantastic and probably better overall.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote: i love the pre-alien parts in the first one more than anything in the second one because it's almost totally free-form how you approach each situation.
Yeah, I initially thought I'd end up liking this one better for pretty much that reason - the far more expansive maps early on are really awesome. But then the game kind of just forgets about all that once the aliens show up and becomes more and more linear as the story progresses. C2 never has anything as large and open as the earlier C1 levels, but it does a much better job of alternating between corridor levels and more open ones with more choices practically all the way until the end.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.