The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wehttam »

have had Rage in hand since xmas, I started it up, but still haven't really started playing it. it looks great. first have to finish a few games.
ungodlywarlock
Keep Farting...stinks...

Post by ungodlywarlock »

Got that new Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today.
I loved the demo and apparently it has something like 200 hours of gameplay or something in it.

Anyone else grab it?
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

ungodlywarlock wrote:Got that new Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning today.
I loved the demo and apparently it has something like 200 hours of gameplay or something in it.

Anyone else grab it?
I'm going to need to see how people react to this game before playing.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Anyone else grab it?
Keep us updated on your thoughts and opinions as you play it, man. I'm interested in what you think of it.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Didn't think much of the Twisted Metal demo.

Those controls are a mess.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

LOL @ Bioware. Love (and hate) their games but they are the fucking worst before a game gets released.

Anyone else grab it?
:tup: I did but it doesn't unlock here for another 2 days. The demo didn't wow me but I'm a sucker for long rpgs. The studio has been really open with the community and I have to support them going out of their way to get the game on Steam in spite of EA. It certainly won't be lacking for content.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
$90 :theylive:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Was playing a bunch more Skyrim. Amazing how this game is keeping my attention. It is sort of/kind of getting into a rinse and repeat cycle, though. Yet, this is neither here nor there. I took my lovely werewolf wife on a romantic tour of some Dwarven metal factory cave and she got lost (or I rushed out of the place without her). Whoops! So, I left the cave and headed home. Stayed there a few days awaiting my love's return, and the money she owes me for owning a store. Bitch never came home. Women! She's probably sitting in that cave holding a grudge because I didn't hold her hand the whole time I was fighting giant robots created by dwarves. So, I head back to the cave, try to enter the cave and the game freezes on the load screen. :stains:

then it happend again...

I think my wife divorced me and took my game during the custody battle.

Now losing a wife isn't that big a deal, but (on second thought) it kind of is and really annoys me. I'l try to load it again two, maybe three more times, and if it doesn't work I'm done. At least until they release that Patch 1.04 I read was coming.

So, yesterday, I'm with my real world wife. She wants to go to Barnes & Nobles to carouse the children's books sections. Okay. I'm walking around, and it seems every book I pick up is some girl power action/adventure novel pointed at teens. AND DOES HUNGER GAMES NEED 50 different companion books to go with it? To hell with this. I take a stroll to Gamestop, see that have that Reckoning game, and decided to fuck fate and buy it for the 360. Why not, Skyrim is pissing me off and I wanted to take a break, maybe, just maybe this and Darkness II can provide a one-two punch to freshen up my baming mind. So, the employee there asked if I preordeder it and scowls and gets mad that I didn't. Okay, dude. I reluctantly tell him it's spur of the moment instead of telling him to mind his own fucking business. After I pay with the ton of credit I have from traded in games, he scolds me again that I should have gotten all this free shit but didn't because I didn't pre-order. Then something odd happened. Instead telling him I only pre-order from Amazon to avoid fucking losers like him, I apparently channeled some old European guy, as I actually spit on the floor and waved my hand about telling him all pre-ordered stuff is shit and he was shit for trying to sell me shit. I walked out of there like I just won a presidential debate. Also, I now have a moustache.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I got paid today. I'm trying really hard not to go out and buy Kingdoms of Amalur. I told myself I would wait a while and see if it's worth buying first... but my resolve is weakening.

NO. BAD GOATUS.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Friendly Goatus wrote:I got paid today. I'm trying really hard not to go out and buy Kingdoms of Amalur. I told myself I would wait a while and see if it's worth buying first... but my resolve is weakening.

NO. BAD GOATUS.
Worst thing I can recall from any review I read is people having trouble remembering any NPC's name after they finished the game. Hell, I can't remember anyone's name while I currently play Skyrim (there might be a Lydia living in my house, but she's not my wife whose name, um, starts with an A or something), so that's not exactly a deal breaker for me.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

The old lady, who "hates first person games," is playing Half Life 2 right now and getting right the fuck into it.
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Friendly Goatus wrote: NO. BAD GOATUS.
:oops:
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

After playing so much Left For Dead, I'm left cold when a game doesn't let me pistol whip punk ass bitches...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

So I activated my online pass for Kingdoms of Amalur on ps3. Except I accidentally activated it on my roommates user profile. Motherfucker. Does anyone know if I will still get access to the unlocked content if I were to play on my profile since both profiles are on the same console?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Gotham city impostors trial is kinda fun, reminds me a bit of timesplitters or team fortress with healthy sense of self depreciating humour
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

I just spent pretty much the whole evening playing Oblivion... only to have a quest glitch on me, effectively scrubbing everyfuckingthing I did all evening because I was too stupid to make a manual save at any point. Can't just ignore that quest and keep going, 'cause it's one of the Mages Guild recommendation quests, so the glitch locks me out of an entire fucking story arc. What a cunt.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
The Schwartz
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by The Schwartz »

doomeddisciple wrote:Gotham city impostors trial is kinda fun, reminds me a bit of timesplitters or team fortress with healthy sense of self depreciating humour
I ended up paying the 15 bucks for it. It is slightly addictive and has a very deep combat system that takes a while to learn how to dominate. Its worth a purchase for batman or TF fans but it's also incredibly buggy
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

And the Darkness II has arrived at my place of work. No time tonight to play, no doubt. Tomorrow, though, I'll try to fix that Skyrim issue, if that doesn't work I'll to to see if I have a save space right before we entered that cave. Either, or, then I'll start the Darkness II.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:Image

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
stared at that for a good 30 seconds before i realized what the fuck i was looking at :fp:
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

copstache wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:Image

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
stared at that for a good 30 seconds before i realized what the fuck i was looking at :fp:
Yeah, and doesn't putting shit like that around your PS3/360 heat up the damn things. I really don't want my console to overheat because I put a goddamn Star Trek sweat shirt or whatever the fuck around it.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

kingdoms of amalur phantasy phags have been conspicuously silent the last day or two. how is it? are the quests as repetitive/boring as some reviews talk about? that's the main thing i'm worried about. i have another 200 hours of skyrim's go there/kill this BS. is this at least somewhat more interesting?
Maery
BRB..Burrito is ready!

Post by Maery »

I just saw that Darkness II came out. Time to flex my Powerup Rewards card.
Pisscubes wrote:MY STRAIGHTNESS WILL DIE FOR YOUR SINS.
Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:I am the truth. I am victory.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

OK So I started playing Minecraft. I'm way late to this (as always) but god fuck. Jesus this is cool.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

I was looking online at recent price drops for games and saw Rage is only 20 bucks new. It's only 4 months old and it's already that cheap? Was it really bad or something?
Wehttam
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Wehttam »

I hope not. Although, I received it as a gift. still going to play it.